Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

• Lionel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

1 year 3 months ago
Thank you Peter that name rings a bell ๐Ÿ”” ๐Ÿ˜€

Brilliant one Dave :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago
.....very nice on Treasure HUNT.....:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterD

• johnnycomelately
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago
Well done Peter D:)

• johnnycomelately
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago
And again!!! at turrfies
When you're hot, you.re HOT
well done!

• PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago
An excellent week for the stud with Treasure Hunt and Umthombo Wolwazi both winning on Saturday to follow on from Pascali last Wednesday. Quasimodo a very unlucky short head second could easily have given us 4/4 for the week.

Two runners at Kenilworth on Wednesday .
*Major Winter runs in race 3. He has not shown much since moving to CT, but has now dropped steeply in the ratings. His issues seem mental rather than physical and hopefully he is feeling more settled in his new surroundings and can start to show something of his ability. He may need further than the mile now, but off this rating I would expect him to get a lot closer and maybe even pick up a cheque.
*Sunlit From Heaven runs in race 5. I think that she will enjoy the longer trip but she again gets a wide draw and I think was given too high a rating for her penultimate run. It is bizarre how she could be rated 6 points above Chelsea Garden for just 1.25 L at level weights especially since we had a much better draw. CG has been dropped a further 3 points so we are now 4.5kg worse off for that 1.2L. We clearly did not run to that rating last time but got no relief.
I have another filly in the race that I did not breed, Soft Touch which has a more competitive weight and a better draw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, kt6747, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago
The two frontrunners went too fast in Sunlit's race, and she managed to get handy from her wide draw. Normally that would be great, but under the circumstances and under her big weight she tired late. The pace probably cost the favourite the race. Our filly was too highly rated for this run and has been dropped to a more appropriate mark of 70, which will help next time.

two runners at the Vaal on Thursday.
Sound of Warning (jointly bred) runs in race 2. She is well in at the weights if she runs to her best form. She was disappointing last time. She goes beyond a sprint for the first time, and I am very interested to see how she does over the longer trip. On breeding, she should go a mile, but has shown a lot of pace so has been kept to sprinting.
I am who I Am runs in race 3. She drops back to the 1450m, but has had a busy few weeks, this being her 3rd run in as many weeks. It looks a rather moderate bunch, but no money for the first timers. On her best form she has an ew shout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, TNaicker, Felix

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago
Very pleasing win by Sound of Warning and shows that she can win another feature over a bit of ground.
I Am Who I Am stood and lost many lengths at the start, so this run can be ignored.

One runner at Fairview on Friday.
*Jean Paul runs in race 6. Iโ€™m not expecting too much from him until he goes back on turf, but must keep him match fit.

One runner at the Vaal on Saturday. Celtic Rumours runs in race 2. A fair debut last time and hopefully she can step up from there and win soon. Quite a competitive big field so will need to improve by a few lengths.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Haupie, KitKat, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago
Celtic Rumours flying finish and just ran out of track. Leaving it a bit late to qualify for the Gold Rush, but looks like she could be useful, and will need further than the sprints.

Jean Paul fair run from that draw on the poly- looking forward to him running on turf.

Itโ€™s been a quiet week for the stud, but some nice runners coming up.
4 runners at Fairview on Friday
Quasimodo in race 2. Should have been awarded the race last time and should win.Belleโ€™s First Wave a possible danger.
* Elusive Jewel in race 3. She is steadily getting stronger and I am expecting further improvement. The older fillies are 6kg better off with the 3yos than WFA, so I donโ€™t expect her to win but am hoping that she can run into the money. Iโ€™m in Love is the pick.
Mhlabeni runs in race 4 and is very consistent so must have an ew shout. Moon Game should hold him at the weights but not too much between them.
Gentleman runs in race 7 but he should not be running in a Novice, so I give him no chance until he returns to the hcp ranks.

Two runners at Kenilworth on Saturday
Aussenkehr runs in race 1. He is way overdue his maiden win, and again is a serious runner, but this is a very competitive maiden. All of Rainbow Colours, Gimmeโ€™s Laddie and Black Egret must be respected.
Golden Tatjana runs in race 3. ( I named her after Tatjana Skoenmaker, the SA Olympic medal winning swimmer as the dam is Goldandsilver). She is a half sister to the useful Treasure Hunt. She apparently shows quite a bit of pace at home. Very difficult to know what will happen in these baby races with so many first timers, but hopefully she is not too green and can show the boys a clean pair of heels.

One runner at Scottsville on Sunday- *Pascali in race 5. He surprised me by winning over 1200m, and he should have a very good chance of improving on that run going this trip. I make him a big runner. Unfortunately it looks like the rain could be a problem. If the meeting has to be moved to the Greyville Turf, then that is no problem as he has a neat draw and not a big field. A move to the poly would be a problem.

All our mares have foaled, and just a couple that are not yet in foal. For a change, we had more colts than fillies. Elusive Fort has covered 66 mares and his fertility has been excellent.
We have 6 yearlings on the Cape Racing/ Tattersalls sale at the ICC on 12th January 2023.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by PeterD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, TNaicker

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 3 months ago
Should get our money back with Quasimodo ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Lionel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 months ago
Should get our money back with Quasimodo ๐Ÿ˜‰

Let me guess Dave, you have a hunch, right?

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 3 months ago
Nice one Lionel ๐Ÿ‘
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 3 months ago
Great win under circumstances ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Nice one Peter

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds