Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

• PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

1 year 1 month ago
Another very good run by Golden Tatjana. Most consistent throughout the juvenile series. I expect her to improve once she matures and goes further. However, I hope a good rest after a busy 2yo cape season.

Aussenkehr won comfortably from Poursomesugaronme, as expected. The difference in strength of the maiden fields between CT and Gauteng is remarkable.

two runners at Kenilworth on Wednesday.
*Everlasting in race 2. Ignore last as she missed the break, and was then whacked on the nose when making her run. The F&M get a healthy weight allowance against the boys in this class, so I think that the winner will come from one of 5,6,or 9. There isn't much between them at best. 14/1 seems a generous price about our filly as I think that she has a lively ew chance.

Beau Kala runs in race 3. Very open maiden hcp, and just about anything can win it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
A bit disappointing by Everlasting- did not show her usual kick.
Beau Kala very unlucky 2nd- was baulked and had to switch when making a winning run on the rail.

Two runners at Fairview on Friday.
Mhlabeni in the 8th. Ultra consistent and always in with a shout.
Gentleman in the 9th. Tries 1400m but a very tough draw and under sufferance at the weights so not expecting much.

One runner at Turffontein on Saturday. Sound of Warning in the Hawaii Stakes race 5. Tough task at the weights but could sneak a place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
Another super run by Mhlabeni- 2nd beaten by a progressive horse that was ahead of the handicapper.
Sound of Warning never in the race.

One runner at Greyville on Sunday. Pascali runs in race 4. Not sure what to expect as he won his maiden this C&D but is bred for further and has done well over the mile.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
Poor run by Pascali, but not given much assistance from the saddle.

One runner at Durbanville on Tuesday.
*Lady Renee in race 3. Improved last time and I think will enjoy the step up to1400m. Gets a good draw and a low weight. Is a kilo under sufferance but I think that she can be competitive at the weights. Value ew play at 14/1 in a very open Mdn handicap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Craig Pienaar, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 2 weeks ago
Disappointing effort by Lady Renee.
One runner at Vaal on Thursday. Understated in race 6. Improved run last time. 2kg under sufferance but is capable in this class on best form.

Two runners Fairview on Friday.
Quasimodo in race 5. Must have a decent winning chance.
*Jean Paul race 9. Open race but if he runs to his ability has a shout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, KitKat, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 2 weeks ago
Another good win by Quasimodo and looks to have more in the tank.
Jean Paul showed no interest and may be time to call it a day.

Two runners at Scottsville on Wednesday
Common Ground debuts in race 1. The mare has 100% winners to foals record, so definitely one to watch. Of the raced runners, only the favourite Heirloom has shown much, so it would be no surprise if the first timers run into the money.
Sadly, the very promising half brother, Umthombo Wolwazi has died from AHS.

Exceeder runs in race 7. Very competitive race and possibly on the short side for him, but a better effort last time this track, so has an ew chance.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 1 week ago
Common Ground scratched ( cast in box).
Another good run by Exceeder in 3rd, is suited to Scottsville but better over further.

One runner at Turffontein on Saturday. Aussenkehr runs in race 8. A competitive race, and I think that the handicapper was harsh on him for beating a moderate field in the maidens. The runner up got beat next time by a professional maiden and the rest of that field were dismal. However he is still improving and I hope that he can step up again.

One runner at Scottsville on Sunday. * Pascali runs in race 3. He has been somewhat disappointing since his maiden win but has dropped to a competitive rating and this is his right distance. I’m hoping for a big run.

Sadly the Durbanville meeting has been called off, so we miss out on two runners. The logic of further stuffing up the economy with mass action while supposedly protesting against things that drag us down escapes me.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 1 week ago
Pascali every chance, but did not go through with his run.

One runner at Turffontein on Tuesday- Canford Rose (half sister to Pascali) makes her debut in race 2. Gets a nice draw, but I have no idea what to expect as I haven't seen her since the yearling sales.
The favourite, Red Hot Rose good debut, but a tricky draw for this track.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 days ago
I thought a nice debut by Canford Rose. Was green and I liked the way that she ran on. Should improve quite a few lengths with that under the belt and likely to stay a trip.

Two runners at Fairview on Friday.
*Elusive Jewel runs in race 3. She ran a fair race last time from a wide draw, and must have a decent ew chance in this type of field with a nice galloping weight.
The ever consistent Mhlabeni lines up in race 4 A small but competitive field and he again has an excellent ew chance.

Two runners on Saturday.
Aussenkehr runs in race 9 at Turffontein. Can build on his good win, and could well score again. Cornwall could be the one to beat with natural improvement on a winning debut.
*Lady Renee in race 3 at Durbanville. Lost out on a good draw on Monday, and is probably in the stronger of the two halves of this race. Is a bit under sufferance, and her last run was disappointing when not running on. Hopefully will enjoy this trip and can earn a cheque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, kt6747

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 1 day ago - 1 year 1 day ago
A good weekend for us with a win and 3 places from our 4 runners.
Fair run by Elusive Jewel in 4th, but I think that she is better on the grass.
Another good run by Mhlabeni in 2nd but the handicapper now has got hold of him.

Aussenkehr stepped up a notch after his maiden win and is looking like he is still on the up after this fluent win.
Lady Renee was wide and green on the bend and if she had kept her plum Monday draw might well have won instead of running 3rd.

Three runners at Durbanville on Tuesday.
*Sunlit From Heaven runs in race 3. This is a tough maiden with her two stable companions and the Snaith runners rated ahead of her. She has a small ew chance on her best form but would probably have been more competitive in the Open Maiden.
Hoping that she can step up on her last couple of efforts.
Beau Kala runs in race 4. She was a very unlucky loser last time, and again has an ew chance in a very open race.
We end the day with * Everlasting in the 8th. She gets a plum draw and has run well this c & d in the past. Don’t be put off by the steels- she has soft front feet and has pulled shoes in the running previously and the steels are more secure.
Very open race but she has come down in the ratings and I’m expecting a good run at these weights.
Last edit: 1 year 1 day ago by PeterD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, KitKat, Craig Pienaar, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 4 weeks ago
Sunlit a fair race, but smacked 5 points running 5th, Too far back early.
Beau Kala faded tamely, disappointing compared to previous effort.
Everlasting dogged by more bad luck. Boxed in on the rail in the straight and had to switch out losing ground, and then cast a front shoe and finished sore. Could not believe that the course vet insisted on trotting her when obvious to all that she was lame off fore due to the shoe ripping off.

Two runners at Vaal on Thursday, but both struggling to find their form. Understated in race 6 and JP Twothousand in race 8, but both need to show vast improvement on recent form.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
It’s been a quiet period, although a pleasing run on Friday by Jean Paul, finished strongly in third after a few disappointing performances.

One runner at Kenilworth on Tuesday. *Major Winter runs in race 9. He has proved quite frustrating as he is physically very well but just does not put in the effort on race day. This may be his last chance unless he shows up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, KitKat, TNaicker

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds