Online Bookmakers

• cliffordius
  • cliffordius's Avatar Topic Author

Online Bookmakers

1 year 5 months ago
What never ceases to amaze is how quickly these online bookmakers will limit one's account. They advertise themselves as 'giants' but are too scared to lay a bet. The once great Morris V has limited me to ONE HUNDRED RAND of a horse !!!! A had a number of losing bets but had that gall to take 1000/200 Adiena, which shortened and won ! Just received the cowardly letter...The huge WSB lays me R500 of a horse, as does Soccershop. What a disgrace. To their credit Marshall's WoS will still accommodate one ( with their really sloooow site), TrackandBall are great to deal with as is Betxchange ( even though you get sent to the 'office' for bet approval) ! Most of these faceless, impersonal organizations are pathetic excuses for bookmakers....
The following user(s) said Thank You: ElvisisKing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Online Bookmakers

1 year 5 months ago
The worse part is that once you limited on fixed odds with the horses then the same limit applies to sports betting, which is a real shame.

Bet.co.za though has different limits for horses and sports and their sports offering is vast.

Betxchange needs to sort their online "Open Bet" out.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 5 months ago
Have you tried HWB

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Online Bookmakers

1 year 5 months ago
You guys must be very good at punting. Well done. I wish the bookies would limit me 😲

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• cliffordius

1 year 5 months ago
Whilst I do see HWB as the 'saviour' of SA racing, there are a number of issues that worry me immensely. They've definitely captured the game here. Not sure how many horses they have with how many trainers, but their influence is no doubt immense. They own KZN and Cape racing and their bookmaking footprint is huge. I just see major conflicts of interest. They have an 'unfair' advantage as to which horses to lay and which to punt, and while I am certainly not intimating that there is anything untoward going on, I feel their overwhelming interest in racing has caused a massive monopoly. Ultimately it simply cannot be a healthy situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman, BATMAN

• ElvisisKing
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 5 months ago
I have been limited to R500 per P6 per venue, per day.

so even if i wanted to COPY Darren or Darryl P6 for A FULL TICKET.... I could not........ bloody pathetic........ but their advertising says THEY PAY OUT MILLIONS !!!!!!!! ya, pull the other one.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 5 months ago
Why would anyone limit a pick 6 Elvis
Surely they would take back on tote ?

• cliffordius

1 year 5 months ago
There's no ways on this planet that bookmakers should be allowed to lay open bets...this should be 100% 'property' of the tote !!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 5 months ago
I have been in favour for sometime that the tote should take ALL exotics and the Bookies should take all win and place bets.

I was told NO CHANCE of that happening.

• cliffordius

1 year 4 months ago
Ooops. Just scratch Track and Ball from previous positive comment. They just summarily closed my accounts. Not even limited - totally shut. Just know that if you have not had your accounts limited or closed you are an overall loser....consider finding a new hobby !

• ElvisisKing
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
Why would anyone limit a pick 6 Elvis
Surely they would take back on tote ?

Dave, I haven't a clue....... but the facts are... I can NOT play a P6 bet for more than R 500.00 per day / per venue.

IF I do so ( try )...... computer tells me ....... limit EXCEEDED.......... go figure, these aren't bookmakers Dave....... they are mice !

I have been told in writing...... should I want to get this limit INCREASED - all i should do is put pen to paper & apply........ the last time I was about to ASK FOR AN INCREASE....... I WON a small % of P6....... SO I DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER........ mice they are !!

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
......this open bet fiasco has no solution.....and it is left to the punter to decide on where and how they place their bets...and with the tote okes still with poor service and no incentives.....the bookies will continue to grow market support and the pools will continue to suffer.....I now play my infrequent P6's with my online "service" provider as I do believe that the operator does not deserve their chop of my racing contribution while they take the very large and
generous handouts and do hardly anything to improve our racing.....:huh:

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds