4 Racing launch new soccer bet

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

4 Racing launch new soccer bet

1 year 6 months ago
Tab4racing is fine-tuning its range of soccer bets and is delighted to announce the launch of a new soccer bet on Saturday 1 October.

The new bet, Soccer Any 13 Xtra, will replace two existing bets, Soccer 13 Xtra and Soccer Any 15, both of which have failed to gain significant traction among TAB soccer customers.

The new bet is a combination of the best features of the two bets it replaces. Players must select 13 games from a list of 30 matches compiled by tab4racing’s soccer experts and then forecast the results of these fixtures in the standard way: 1 = Team A Win; 2 = Draw; 3 = Team B Win. Each Soccer Any 13 Xtra pool will span two days with the 30 matches comprising the best clashes from the PSL, English Premier League, CAF Champions League and other top leagues and competitions.

“The new bet insofar as possible incorporates the views of many TAB soccer customers, who felt 15 matches was too difficult and that the existing Soccer 13 Xtra was too similar to the Swedish Soccer 13,” said 4Racing Chief Operating Officer Colin Gordon.

The unit cost of the bet will be R2 and single or permutation entries can be played. There will be a consolation payout for entries with any 12 of the matches correct and 30% of the pool will be set aside for this purpose. The consolation section of the pool must be won and if necessary will be paid to entries with any 11 correct or any 10 correct etc.
Initially there will be a Soccer Any 13 Xtra weekend pool only, although it is intended to operate a weekday pool as well later on.

The final Soccer Any 15 and Soccer 13Xtra pools were offered last Saturday 17 September and carryover reserves from the two bets have been transferred to Soccer Any 13 Xtra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: 4 Racing launch new soccer bet

1 year 6 months ago
The Soccer 15 was R1 unit a line. The new bet will be R2 a line albeit you will have an option of 30 matches to choose from.

Another gripe. On Saturday, two of the Soccer 6 Pools had the same team in it, Kaizer Chiefs. As far as possible, I think the same team should not appear twice.

Lastly Interbet gives a rebate on all Soccer Pool bets. Will 4Racing look into giving some sort of rebate to customers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikesack

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
I am impressed by this.
Both bets were struggling to take off, but the concept was great. This seems a good compromise, and would also like to have an ANY SOCCER 10 Extra running as well to see which punters prefer. I will most certainly be playing this bet ANY SOCCER 13 extra on the tote as a sign of congratulating proactive thinking here.

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
Tab4racing is fine-tuning its range of soccer bets and is delighted to announce the launch of a new soccer bet on Saturday 1 October.

The new bet, Soccer Any 13 Xtra, will replace two existing bets, Soccer 13 Xtra and Soccer Any 15, both of which have failed to gain significant traction among TAB soccer customers.

The new bet is a combination of the best features of the two bets it replaces. Players must select 13 games from a list of 30 matches compiled by tab4racing’s soccer experts and then forecast the results of these fixtures in the standard way: 1 = Team A Win; 2 = Draw; 3 = Team B Win. Each Soccer Any 13 Xtra pool will span two days with the 30 matches comprising the best clashes from the PSL, English Premier League, CAF Champions League and other top leagues and competitions.

“The new bet insofar as possible incorporates the views of many TAB soccer customers, who felt 15 matches was too difficult and that the existing Soccer 13 Xtra was too similar to the Swedish Soccer 13,” said 4Racing Chief Operating Officer Colin Gordon.

The unit cost of the bet will be R2 and single or permutation entries can be played. There will be a consolation payout for entries with any 12 of the matches correct and 30% of the pool will be set aside for this purpose. The consolation section of the pool must be won and if necessary will be paid to entries with any 11 correct or any 10 correct etc.
Initially there will be a Soccer Any 13 Xtra weekend pool only, although it is intended to operate a weekday pool as well later on.

The final Soccer Any 15 and Soccer 13Xtra pools were offered last Saturday 17 September and carryover reserves from the two bets have been transferred to Soccer Any 13 Xtra
Xxxccxxxxcxccccccccxxxcccxxxx
Unfortunately the "experts" that choose the fields always throw in some of the difficult games like from the Championship League etc.
I wouldn't mind lowly Estonia and some Women's League games too.
Wishful thinking for sure as the operators are not designing the bets to put money in your pocket, rather it's all about the carryovers
I think I will stick to the local bookies for soccer bets as the operators don't have the bells to offer fractional bets on the Soccer 13x.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
Agree Mikesack. It would be nice if they threw in a few bankers, and these bets always pay well if you can get the Bayerns and the Man City's beat. Look at Bayern this weekend.

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago
Agree Mikesack. It would be nice if they threw in a few bankers, and these bets always pay well if you can get the Bayerns and the Man City's beat. Look at Bayern this weekend.

For the last 2 months, I have been playing everyday. They are selecting matches which you perceive can be a banker but the Team still draws or lose from the Soccer 6 to Soccer 13. Over the weekend they had to two certain bankers in the Any 15 as you got the field but no one won the pool of 143k. All of Spurs, Arsenal, Sundowns, Florentina won and some other good teams like Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao, Valencia, etc won but still no winner.

Lastly fractional betting will make the payouts smaller. With the Soccer Pool bets you can still get a huge payday even with a R2 line.

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by naresh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago
Newcastle was 4/10 to win. Middlesbrough 6/10. Cape Town City also odds on. Serie A had some shocker results. You mention all the good things that won, but fail to mention these. Provide the balanced view for punters make their opinion on the bet, because if I read your post now and didn't know better, I think there is great value in it.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Thor.

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
Newcastle was 4/10 to win. Middlesbrough 6/10. Cape Town City also odds on. Serie A had some shocker results. You mention all the good things that won, but fail to mention these. Provide the balanced view for punters make their opinion on the bet, because if I read your post now and didn't know better, I think there is great value in it.

What I was trying to convey, it may look easy on paper and numerous fancied teams won but there was still no winner. In England, The Championship, produces upset results every week. Normally every Saturday there is a Soccer 10 with these teams and the payouts is normally very high. Cape Town City played away in an African Club game after winning at home. Playing away in Africa is very hard. Everyone has a different opinion of a team compared to their odds. The Soccer Groups on social media illustrates this. It may be a banker for you and me but there are thousands that are going against it. You have a better chance of winning 100k in Soccer 10 and Soccer 13 for R16 than catching a Pick 6 for the same amount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikesack, Thor

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
The "soccer experts" have composed today's Soccer 6 with the same Teams from the Soccer 4. If you lose in the Soccer 6 you more than likely will lose in the Soccer 4 as your predicted results will be almost similar. Its understandable for the Soccer 10 for teams to be repeated.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
Naresh I hate that. It's the one reason I like the ANY bets, we get the option to diversify the matches, rather than having all our eggs in the one basket. One freak result and all your bets are gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naresh

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
Naresh I hate that. It's the one reason I like the ANY bets, we get the option to diversify the matches, rather than having all our eggs in the one basket. One freak result and all your bets are gone.

The same with the two local Jackpots, nearly everytime three legs are the same. In America there is an early Pick 4 and a late Pick 4. In South Africa the early Jackpot should compromise the first four races. The second Jackpot the last four races. In this way if you catch the early Jackpot your money can be reinvested for the second Jackpot leading to more take out for the operator.

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 6 months ago
This is so indicative of where 4Q are. Your head starts spinning when you read all the changes that have been introduced down south. ALL OF THEM HORSERACING RELATED.

4Q comes with a sideline product. Can anyone list ONE thing that these guys have changed in relation to horse racing besides embarrissingly low out of season stakes and no racing on the Highveld weekends?

Its no wonder we are where we are - they don't have a clue besides jobs for pals and figurehead appointees.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds