Re:Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

1 year 8 months ago
.....actually in fact way way afterwards as I remember when Vin Fizz was bought by Shadwell my biggest claim to fame was in her belly and that horse was foaled at Summerhill and so were his siblings....:P

When I was in high school in the 1990s,

Two broodmares made me lots of money.

Star Drums - Broodmare of Grade 1 winners, Planetary Music and Drum Star. Also Tight Drums who won numerous times in Port Elizabeth. Later becam the dam of Skin Tight and granddam of Heavy Metal. Tarry buys this lineage often.

Volga - Broodmare of feature race winners Muscovy, Vistula and Yasnaya.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

1 year 8 months ago
....remember that Star Drums family well....there was also one that was trained by John Azzie...:unsure: .

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
I really dont wanna whine about channel 240.

Switched on for race 2. See some nice camera shots of the horses going into the pens.

Then when race jumps. the sound and the visuals are out by about 5 seconds.

not good enough.

i did not use the 240 streaming service but actual DSTV decoder channel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii, thisotherdude

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 8 months ago
Yes Sly not good enough 😪

• thisotherdude
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 8 months ago

Switched on for race 2. See some nice camera shots of the horses going into the pens.

not good enough.

And here i wanted to congratulate them because in my humble opinion they have upped their game. I love the slo mo shots and the overall production has improved and thank goodness they fired that DJ :silly:

But i was bemused when i saw the horses jumped already and Nico was still loading them :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman, Sylvester

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
Race 3 was still out by about second or so.

• 4Racing.TV

1 year 8 months ago
Hi Sylvester,
We are aware of the problem - thank you. Brandon Bailey was scheduled to commentate but fell ill overnight and we have implemented remote commentary from HQ. For Race 1 and 2 we had high latency over the interconnects. This has been attended to and reduced - you should have seen a dramatic improvement on Race 3. Further changes are being made for Race 4. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Sylvester

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago

not good enough.

And here i wanted to congratulate them because in my humble opinion they have upped their game. I love the slo mo shots and the overall production has improved and thank goodness they fired that DJ :silly:

But i was bemused when i saw the horses jumped already and Nico was still loading them :whistle:

.....that DJ is still playing mo mumbo on the GR1 channel.....but things seem to have improved there too... but glad you okes have brought up this out of sync commentary and picture as I thought it was only GR1 that had this problem....:unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester, thisotherdude

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 8 months ago
So gather Niko is calling from studio in Joburg

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
......correct....:unsure:

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 2 months ago
i would like to make a suggested change to the TABONLINE website.

The results page always defaults to 1st race at the top and the last race at the bottom.

Would it not
make more sense to have the screen show the latest result at the top and the earlier races at the bottom.

Thanks

Link i use below..

play.tabonline.co.za/webodds/MobileWebOdds

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 2 months ago
i would like to make a suggested change to the TABONLINE website.

The results page always defaults to 1st race at the top and the last race at the bottom.

Would it not
make more sense to have the screen show the latest result at the top and the earlier races at the bottom.

Thanks

Link i use below..

play.tabonline.co.za/webodds/MobileWebOdds

Every website that I use throughout the world for racing always has the results in numerical order. Also if you wagered an exotic, its easier with ascending order to match your ticket. The anticipation will be far greater has you go leg by leg to check if you won.

One thing I have noticed especially in USA and Attheraces.com the replay header will not show you the winners name on their website or on YouTube. It will only have the date and race number or time if it is UK. If you miss the race but can watch the replay later, you can still be hopeful and watch with anticipation if your horse won.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds