Commissioning sparkles under Dettori on Newmarket debut

• Sylvester
  • Sylvester's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Commissioning sparkles under Dettori on Newmarket debut

1 year 7 months ago
John and Thady Gosden already have plenty of smart fillies among their ranks and Commissioning looks to be another after receiving quotes for next year’s QIPCO 1000 Guineas following her impressive debut victory at Newmarket today.

One of a number of interesting newcomers in the Turners British EBF Fillies’ Novice Stakes, the daughter of Kingman turned the seven-furlong contest into a procession under Frankie Dettori.

Bursting through under the charismatic Italian on the far side the 13-2 chance continued to stretch away from her rivals in taking fashion before passing the post three and a half lengths clear of fellow debutant Prepense.

Following the race Commissioning was introduced at 20-1 for the 2023 QIPCO 1000 Guineas by Betfair, Paddy Power and William Hill, while the latter also went 20-1 for next year’s Cazoo Oaks at Epsom Downs.

Dettori said: “She has done it nicely and has taken me by surprise a bit but they told me that she was okay this morning

“She was a bit green early doors but I gave her a little flick and she got down and started racing and she finished the race very strong. I hadn’t sat on her at home before this.

“Sheikh Isa (joint owner) is a good friend of mine and he text me from America and wished me all the best so I’m sure he will be happy now.

“I think seven is fine for the moment but she will probably end up going up to a mile before the end of the season.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds