CHANGES ........TGIF

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

CHANGES ........TGIF

7 months 3 weeks ago
Good morning all, as we reach another Punting weekend. 

I was going to use "The Times They Are A Changing" by Dylan in the title but decided to stick with Bowie, better voice 😀 

We've had major "changes" in weather conditions, causing havoc worldwide as well as in the Cape.

Now we have "changes" in racing circles as the Bortz team move up the coast.

It all appears positive, with many "changes" highlighted. 

The one question I have for the Bortz/Hollywood dream team is there does not appear to be much focus on the punter to "change" their punting habits from bookie to tote.

However, I'm sure they have a master plan...🤔

I know that much has been said about all the politics, but racing certainly needed an injection, so let's look forward to positive "changes" in the future.

It was a good call by the bookies and operators to refund the Bling runner in the first race yesterday to correct a wrong call from the NHRA.

Rugby 🏉 is the main focus this weekend. 

Again, there are many mismatched teams with handicap betting to consider. 

Best prices to lift Cup 

SA 3/1

France 7/2 

NZ 9/2 

Ireland 9/2 

England 13/1 

40/1 bar 

As mentioned before, all the best teams are on the same side of the draw.

SA 8/10 Ireland 12/10 

Indeed the best game of the weekend and I am sure you are aware it's 9.00 on Saturday night.

Boks look very strong, so nothing changes there.

Wales vs Australia is the other interesting game with various permutations to reach the quarter-finals. They are both 9/10 ish for game.

Scotland 150/1, and the Irish game could be interesting. 

The heart is a lot bigger than the brain.

I also get the impression that we could have a mismatch in the semis where a 1/10 shot is possible when the AB group meet the CD group. 

As far as the horses are concerned, locally and overseas, there could be a lull before the storm.

Racing 

Local: Fairview Friday, where Humble 50/1 will be making a racetrack appearance, hopefully a change in performance.

At least the owner is on hot form after his 9 from 9 selections arrived in the midweek European football. 

Saturday, Durbanville if the weather changes.

Song of Myself looks best.

Sunday Greyville. 

We're just waiting for the Summer Cup, look forward to some indication of runners soon.

Overseas is much the same, as the flat season ends and the jumps kick in.

Construction Hill is sticking to Hurdles this season, so at least we have a banker in the Champion Hurdle from Cheltenham 5/10.

This Saturday, It's the Mill Reef Stakes from Newbury and the Ayr Gold Cup up in Scotland and its 10/1 the field, Significantly is ew fancy.

The ARC on the first Sunday in October still has Ace Impact 7/2 fav.

11/2 Hukum, 10/1 Continuous and Westover, 12/1 Feed The Flame and 20/1 bar .

Frankie might ride Free Wind. 

Melbourne Cup 7th Nov, where Vauban remains 5/1.

My own "changes" include moving into our friend's house while they're overseas. Just to keep an eye on things and assist with the wife's hair product business. 

For those of you who know me, I think you'll agree that I'm perhaps not the best person to promote these products being bald, but I am a good driver. 😆

This is in addition to my school run in the mornings, so the auld man is keeping busy.

I deliver "Brazilians" but not the human trafficking type this has also become a major issue for most countries. 

How we "change" this is going to be a nightmare and tragic for many.

I was reading about certain Italian Islands where they have a population of 6000, and basically overnight, 12000 illegal immigrants arrived on the doorstep.

This is a World in crisis, and something has to "change" soon.

I think the bottom line is we have a population of around 8 Billion and probably resources for 4 Billion, so I look forward to the politicians to solve this problem 😀 

Good Punting 👍 

Changes ..........Bowie was superb live 🙏

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: CHANGES ........TGIF

7 months 2 weeks ago
Just a Saturday update.

Good run from Humble yesterday.

As far as the ARC update.
It's a poor field for such a special race and if EQUINOX was arriving it would be 5/10.

Considering how well the Japanese horses have been doing I have just taken a punt on Through Seven Seas at 20/1.

As far as today a wee treble

Song of Myself local
Beautiful Love Newmarket
Chile plus 50 vs England

6/1

Good Punting 👍

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds