After all that the NHRA are WIMPS!

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

After all that the NHRA are WIMPS!

1 year 3 weeks ago
Inquiry – Jockeys B Jacobson and M Yeni

The National Horseracing Authority confirms that an Inquiry before Adv K Lapham-Fourie and Ms B Loonat was held in Johannesburg. The Inquiry commenced on Tuesday, 14 March 2023, and was finalised today.
The Inquiry was held into an incident that occurred between Jockeys B Jacobson and M Yeni in the Jockeys’ Room at Hollywoodbets Greyville Racecourse on 13 February 2023.
The parties have agreed to settle the issues arising out of the incident and the Inquiry on the basis as set out below.

1. SETTLEMENT – JOCKEY B JACOBSON
The interim suspension imposed on 15 February 2023 is lifted with immediate effect.
A penalty is imposed of a suspension from riding in races under the auspices of the NHA for a period of five months.
The five-month suspension will be suspended as follows:
The full period of the suspension will be suspended for a period of three years from the date of this settlement agreement.
Thereafter, the suspension will be reduced to a period of two and a half months suspended for a further period of two years.
The suspension is on condition that Mr Jacobson is not found guilty of a contravention of rules 72.1.18, 72.1.25, 72.1.26, and 72.1.40 of the rules of the NHA during the period of suspension.
Mr Jacobson undertakes that he will take no further steps in relation to the complaint filed under case number 107/22023 at Berea SAPS.

2. SETTLEMENT – JOCKEY M YENI

The interim suspension imposed on 15 February 2023 is lifted with immediate effect. It is recorded that Mr Yeni reserves all of his rights in relation to the interim suspension.

A penalty is imposed of a suspension from riding in races under the auspices of the NHA for a period of six months.

The six-month suspension will be suspended as follows:

The full period of the suspension will be suspended for a period of three years from the date of this settlement agreement.

Thereafter, the suspension will be reduced to a period of three months suspended for a further period of two years.

The suspension is on condition that Mr Yeni is not found guilty of a contravention of rules 72.1.18, 72.1.25, 72.1.26, and 72.1.40 of the rules of the NHA during the period of suspension.

A further fine of R5 000 is levied for the contravention of rule 56.2.4. R5 000 will be payable by Mr Yeni to the NHA within 15 days of the date of this agreement.

The parties further agree that in accordance with normal procedures which are available to all Jockeys, Mr Yeni may at all times approach the Chief Stipendiary Steward or any other official of the NHA who is in attendance in the event that circumstances arise which require the intervention of the NHA. The NHA further agrees to take all reasonable steps to address any concerns which may be raised under the circumstances.

Mr Yeni undertakes that he will take no further steps in relation to the complaint filed under case number 134/22023 at Brackendowns SAPS.

Vee Moodley
Chief Executive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: After all that the NHRA are WIMPS!

1 year 3 weeks ago
Bob, I think that the threat of a very lengthy suspension hanging over theses jockeys for a number of years will be a very effective deterrent, and should ensure that tempers are kept under control.

• Sammy Silver
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
Wierd that Jacobson got a bigger suspended sentence than Muzi. 3 Years vs 6 months

I thought that Muzi provoked Jacobson!!!

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
I think that's right Sammy.
If I provoke someone and he hits me,he's the one getting charged for assault.
But the cellphone in the jockeys room should be a fairly big suspension I would think.

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
Thats not how i read it.

Muzi 6m Suspended for 3 years after which 3m for 2 more years
Billy 5m suspended for 3 years after which 2.5m for 2 more years
muzi also 5k fine

Wierd that Jacobson got a bigger suspended sentence than Muzi. 3 Years vs 6 months

I thought that Muzi provoked Jacobson!!!

• alterego
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
Bob, I think that the threat of a very lengthy suspension hanging over theses jockeys for a number of years will be a very effective deterrent, and should ensure that tempers are kept under control.

100%. My interpretation is that any contravention of the said rules will mean a lengthy suspension. A few choice words to the handlers at start could prove very costly. 5 years is a long time.

Time to create page: 0.825 seconds