We could be Heroes........

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

We could be Heroes........

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago
Just for one day 😉

Good morning from a rainy Joburg and we hope this will just clear the air for a fresh Summer Cup day.

We all have heroes and I have to give a mention to our local hero Piere Strydom after his record breaking 5500 career winners .

Striker on the left .😉

Just to put things in perspective

My jump hero was AP McCoy with 4358 winners with a staggering 105 group one wins.

On the flat Lester was my hero with 4493 wins including 30 Classics.

The highest winning jockey of all time was Bill Shoemaker with 8883 wins in the States.

When we think of heroes outside of sport names like Mandela and Attenborogh come to mind.
I am sure Nelson would be proud that our current President has had a successful UK trip by convincing rich countries that they must help poor countries.
I am not sure if it came up in the conversation that the ANC were given a rich country with massive potential and were able to turn it into a poor country, using methods that would make Nelson turn in his grave.

Let's get back to us being heroes for just one day on Saturday with a few winners.

The pick 6 carry over is a must and you need a banker to make it affordable.

DESERT MIRACLE, SHOEMAKER (no relation to the jockey) SPARKLING WATER and SAFE PASSAGE are considerations and maybe MOTOWN MAGIC to make it a Supreme day 😉

We also have the World Cup soccer/football and we have had some thrilling games and surprise results.

The bookies still don't rate Saudi Arabia and are 9/2' to beat Poland.
England are a good half time/full time punt vs USA at 14/10

Not sure about the rugby between England and SA the odds on a draw is 29/1.

Remember Constitution Hill runs at Newcastle on Saturday and should be worth watching.

Good Punting 👍

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Dave Scott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: We could be Heroes........

1 year 4 months ago
Davy

With the financial troubles we have in the UK it's time you had a concert for us .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds