TURFFONTEIN SATURDAY 26 NOVEMBER - SUMMER CUP DAY

• kristieN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: TURFFONTEIN SATURDAY 26 NOVEMBER - SUMMER CUP DAY

1 year 4 months ago
TVL Race 2 BPT 3,4,7,13,14/2,3,6,10/2,4,11/3/9/4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 20 to 1

1 year 4 months ago
Interesting in the 1st race that the stable jock for the fortune stable is on the other runner that drifted in the betting :whistle:

• 20 to 1

1 year 4 months ago
If there was a Compo today I would have selected as follows

Selection 1

R1 - #2 - Zinovi (DOUBLE)
R2 - #3 - Brave Viking
R3 - #9 - Bard of Avon
R4 - #1 - Supreme Quest
R5 - #4 - Full Velocity
R6 - #11 - Meridius
R7 - #6 - Puerto Manzano
R8 - #2 - Homely Girl
R9 - #1 - Imperial Ruby
R10 - #5 - Good Council

Selection 2

R1 - #2 - Zinovi
R2 - #4 - Fish Eagle
R3 - #3 - Forever Mine
R4 - #11 - Kiss Me Captain
R5 - #3 - Desert Miracle
R6 - #7 - Union Square
R7 - #14 - Pyromaniac
R8 - #9 - Feather Boa
R9 - #5 - Arumugam
R10 - #5 - Good Council (DOUBLE)

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
NEBRAAS in Summercup race. I got 18 / 1 earlier in the week

now on offer W.S.B 11/ 1 anyone know why ? whispers ?

Now 9/ 1 :huh: :huh: :huh:

Seemingly big support for some - as I predicted, Puerto Manzano was way too big at 12s - now shortened into 15/2 along with Nebraas; for what it's worth I got 16/1 Aragosta and 20/1 PM A/P - now either just have to win :dry:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
......going for the same 4 that I had in the July.....;)

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago
Interesting in the 1st race that the stable jock for the fortune stable is on the other runner that drifted in the betting :whistle:

Owner requested Luyolo

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago

• bopp26
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1 year 4 months ago
r1 - heard ripple effect is flying and heard zinovi can run a bit too

r2 - melech has some form probably the best form gate 4 is my only concern so no bet for me here

r3 - bon vivant best bet on the day for me looks so well in at the weights and on rating from a good draw.

r4- the talk is for kiss me captain however i still believe sweet pepper can being her A game i think its race over. the weight does play into kiss my captains favor but for me those 2

r5 - on form 1 2 3 stand out by some margain i can put in anything else sound of warning ew

r6 - honestly doesnt look like a gr2 race on paper with all respect ive seen stronger gr3 races im going the field shoemaker looks the right one but even money i dont think so

r7- tricky race here lots in with chances dont know why people rushing to take nebraas here my lurker in the race at 35-1 is william Robertson i do think sparkling water safe passage litigation and puerto manzano are the main players aragosta had that 1 smart run and been put away i think may need it with few fitter horses in the race

r8- i do think bottom of the weights here are well in gimme a shot . feather boa miss daisy i just dont think the other horses can give that much weight away

r9- last run if matching on together was solid horse to beat motown obvious inclusion

r10 tamarisk tree my best bet with bon vivant

• Tony T
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 4 months ago
R1 I'm told Heirloom can run & is well worth an EW strike. Nice odds.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
Some rain around yesterday in the North - apparently it missed the Big T as the Sahorseracing reports the pen sitting at 20 - will have to see :unsure: thoughts ....

R1: Obviously guessing is the name of the game - interestingly 2 of the 3 Visser runners (positive comments in the Computaform) are trading towards the bottom of the boards - hopefully the race shows us if the going is wetter than reported and if there is a track bias - as many fancied runners later on are drawn towards the inside

R2: Melech had a good debut, but so had Fish Eagle, with Brave Viking and Slinky Mapimpi also showing potential, while the first-timer is also seemingly fancied - so not that straight-forward imo - especially if the draw comes into play

R3: Must be one of the best bets on the card imo - everything points to Bon Vivant; Castletown and Forever Mine to fight out second

R4: Much more open imo; ratings to be tested here for the 3-yr olds; of the older fillies, Alula's Star probably the pick from Lucy in the Sky - but it's a minefield - hopefully the first 2 races could show if the draw is a factor :unsure:

R5: Desert Miracle all the rage once again, but I'm trying to beat her again and imo she is no value at the odds; I think Vaseem is very well weighted and with Kayla's Champ look over-priced; the 3 Tarry fillies won't be a walk-over and not a lot between DM and Moonshiningthrough - again the draw could be a significant factor

R6: Shoemaker does seem the right one, but again the price is very skinny; Billy Bowlegs finished best of all in the Graham Beck and from a good draw looks value at the odds

R7: Commiserations to the connections of Jaimala - shows racing's ups and downs again - one minute you have runner in the Summer Cup and the next minute he is dead :(. As mentioned before, I think only 4 horses can win this (Sparking Water - has shown in the Victory Moon that she deserves her rating), Safe Passage (has surprised the connections before), Aragosta (gets a few kgs from his stable mates and Fourie in the irons - negatives are a wide draw and may need another run after a poor showing in the Victory Moon) and my first choice Puerto Manzano (what's not to like ?); others that may upset my apple cart, are William Robertson (2000 surely a question mark), Nebraas, Red Saxon (drawn wide and not my favorite jock), Pyromaniac (out at the weights, wide draw, but should be running on) and Litigation (will race handy, but imo hard pressed to hang on)

R8: Interesting WFA contest - where again the ratings of the 3yr-old fillies will be tested - on my ratings Under Your Spell best in, but a wide draw means that Feather Boa will be competitive; both Miss Daisy and Gimme a Shot may find the 1600 too far, but only the race will show; Gilded Buttterfly in great form, but imo better over further and needs to improve a bit again

R9: Marathon trip - not easy imo - both Marchingontogether and Imperial Ruby have won over the track and trip, but of course they need to give away tons of weight - IF Motown Magic sees out the extra 800m, he could be the right one, but it would take a brave man to go short in the last leg of the P6

R10: Who knows - take your pick

Enjoy B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 20 to 1

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
A challenging card, and hopefully the lightning stays away.
Race 1 No selection. Will be watching Move on Over, half sister to our good filly Elusive Heart which has her first foal on sale in 2023.
race 2 Hoping that Celtic Rumours lives up to her pedigree. Of the raced runners I think that Slinky Mapimpi has by far the strongest form and shouldn't be 10/1.
Race 3 Bon Vivant is at a short price, but looks a worthy favourite. The two bottom weights from Durban could give cheek from good draws.
Race 4 Strong field. Gobsmacked has done nothing wrong and I'll continue to follow her. Kiss Me Captain the biggest danger, but others with chances too.
race 5 I have to be in the camp of Sound of Warning (co-breeder) and Big Burn (by Elusive Fort) but a very strong field, and not much between all the top fillies. The two low weighted geldings Winter Flight and Tread Swiftly could cause an upset. I would oppose Desert Miracle at her price which is too skinny against this field.
race 6 Shoemaker looks the right one of the locals, although there have been a few inconsistencies in the Gauteng form. East Coast ran well against open company last time. Royal Victory form has been franked by Cousin Casey in CT and I think he's a big runner. Union Square gets a plum draw. i don't know what to make of the bad runs last time of Prophet and Thunderstruck, but they are way better than that.
race 7 I'm leaning towards Puerto Manzano. Sparkling water and Safe Passage must be respected but there are a quite a few with lower weights that could pop up at better value.
Race 8 Another very tough contest where the 4 on 52kg should fight it out. Marginal preference for Gimme a Shot.
race 9 Motown Magic and Marchingontogether look the right two at the weights, but upsets always possible in these distance races.
race 10 Tamarisk Tree for the get out bet at the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scolari, 20 to 1

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
Nice win for Oscar on the big day.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds