• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Statement from 4RacingTV regarding East Cape Derby broadcast

1 year 11 months ago
Statement from 4RacingTV regarding East Cape Derby broadcast

Johannesburg, 13 May 2022

4RacingTV is extremely frustrated and dissatisfied by the picture quality and issues experienced today in the coverage of the East Cape Derby on Racing 240.

The venue equipment was upgraded to HD this week and tests were conducted pre-Live broadcast with the various service providers that make up the broadcast technology stack and end-to-end distribution from the venue through to DSTV, and technically cleared for broadcast.

Emergency meetings have been called this afternoon with various parties to get to the bottom of this. Global Racing 1’s HD picture quality which is distributed over a different path was unaffected.

We apologise to DSTV viewers and will revert with the route cause placing transmission from Fairview.

Today we should have seen a significant improvement in the pictures transmitted from Fairview given the venue has just been upgraded and the result was unacceptable. We will get to the bottom of this and take the necessary action.

ENDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tony T
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Re: Statement from 4RacingTV regarding East Cape Derby broadcast

1 year 11 months ago
The court jester argued with the king about whether an apology could be worse than the crime.

Later that day the king was going up the stairs when he felt a hand squeezing his backside. He turned around to see the jester.

"I'm sorry your Highness, I apologize. I thought you were the Queen.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Well I got news for them - I was watching Global Racing 1 and it was just as bad :(

• Saint T

1 year 11 months ago
Shortly before 4Q released this media statement, I tried getting hold of Watson to convey the sentiments expressed on ABC. A guy claiming to be Watson’s 2IC responded that Watson was expecting an ABC caller and he conveyed 2 messages via his 2IC to the Clanners:

"Message 1 – For all Clanners’
If in future, your C240 picture freezes, Clanners must close their eyes and side-step slowly to the left and then open your eyes. Repeat until the picture unfreezes. This creates a counter-effect to the picture freezing.

Message 2 – For Naresh and Dave
Mr. Watson notes your admiration for the overhead camera footage / coverage of the Kentucky Derby and would like to bring to your attention that 4Q TV coverage launched this overhead camera coverage feature for all races broadcast on C240, albeit it is a non-digital but apparently 3D-like coverage. To access this feature that Mr Watson personally tested and launched in February 2022, follow these steps:

1) Dismount your TV from your wall.
2) Place TV on the ground and stand tall above the TV.
3) When the race begins, tilt head downwards to catch the overhead view.

Come on guys, show some initiative and work with me.

STOP COMPLAINING" End of message

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Shortly before 4Q released this media statement, I tried getting hold of Watson to convey the sentiments expressed on ABC. A guy claiming to be Watson’s 2IC responded that Watson was expecting an ABC caller and he conveyed 2 messages via his 2IC to the Clanners:

"Message 1 – For all Clanners’
If in future, your C240 picture freezes, Clanners must close their eyes and side-step slowly to the left and then open your eyes. Repeat until the picture unfreezes. This creates a counter-effect to the picture freezing.

Message 2 – For Naresh and Dave
Mr. Watson notes your admiration for the overhead camera footage / coverage of the Kentucky Derby and would like to bring to your attention that 4Q TV coverage launched this overhead camera coverage feature for all races broadcast on C240, albeit it is a non-digital but apparently 3D-like coverage. To access this feature that Mr Watson personally tested and launched in February 2022, follow these steps:

1) Dismount your TV from your wall.
2) Place TV on the ground and stand tall above the TV.
3) When the race begins, tilt head downwards to catch the overhead view.

Come on guys, show some initiative and work with me.

STOP COMPLAINING" End of message

Here is the aerial video and when Rich Strike switches to avoid the tiring runner.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Saint T

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
Thanks Naresh

I remember the great swimming champ and his dad used to say UNBELIEVABLE UNBELIEVABLE

that basically sums up the press release 😂
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saint T

• Methinks

1 year 11 months ago
My dear Mr Watson you're going to run out of excuses pretty soon,my suggestion to you and Savage is run for the hills and hide because you are an embarrassment to horse racing,both of you are completely out of your depth and it's only going to get worse.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
.....absolutely abysmal....:angry:

• oscar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
It’s becoming a circus

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago
It’s becoming a circus

Try finding a Circus ...they are as rare as a three rand note...Racing is making giants steps towards extinction with every greedy hand that takes without giving back...What'son TV? NOTHING...signal and punters gone!
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by mr hawaii.

• Saint T

1 year 11 months ago
Let’s analyse this media statement and attempt to understand this communication from the financially, commercially and operationally challenged (and somewhat illiterate) leadership of 4Q. And yes, that will include all the show ponies that were on display at Kenilworth Stakeholder engagement a few days ago being marketed as young and energetic and they are here FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER.

It would be most useful if some fundi out there that can explain what this jibber-jabber gibberish actually means:

1) “broadcast technology stack”
2) “the route cause placing transmission”

So that those of us who are not well versed is jibber-jabber gibberish can make sense of your drivel. Stop the jibber-jabber gibberish, fantasying and hallucinating about “BUILDING THE WORLDS MOST LOVED RACING EXPERIENCE” and get the basics right.

If 4Q has not served Discover Digital and notice of breach or a notice of termination by now, then it may be a case of the service level agreements you implemented are as useless as those that negotiated and implemented it.

4Q leadership must remember that they instruct Discover Digital to effect changes including the upgrade to HD. Changes to services, initial testing, final testing and 4Q is the responsible party to issue a notice to proceed after signing off on functional test, reliability test runs and continuous performance tests.

4Q, hopefully you are getting the picture - this is your stuff-up not “THE VARIOUS SERVICE PROVIDERS THAT MAKE UP THE BROADCAST TECHNOLOGY STACK”

This is what happens when you choose to work with FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FOOLS. These retards are a reflection of you and your benefactor(s)

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds