Gallop TV Production Crew

• Thor
  • Thor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Gallop TV Production Crew

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago
Thought this deserved a new separate topic.

I have been watching Gallop TV rather than the channel 240 show, and I must say, a huge congratulations to all involved with Gallop TV!
Considering it is not on DSTV, this production is world class. They have taken all the good stuff from the old Tellytrack operation and none of the bad. They have a well oiled operation running here, and never fail to show a race or even show us the coverage from the races about to run, even if there is a clash, where reasonable.

The presenters here are knowledgeable but don't suffer from verbal diarrhea. The split screen works amazingly well. We don't watch the horses walk back to the parade ring after the race, and watch Smanga Khumalo's dismount while group racing is going on overseas. They know what it takes to build tote pools - Coverage coverage coverage!

A great operation, keep up the great work.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Thor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Muhtiman, Sylvester, Craig Eudey, Pirhobeta, Curlin, mikesack, Dev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pirhobeta
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Gallop TV Production Crew

1 year 11 months ago
Professional from beginning to end ;)

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Well done to the Gallop team. The dog racing and Harness Racing coverage is superb.

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
I know that greyhound racing was banned in South Africa under the Nationalist Party. What is the Status Quo today?

• Tab Gold

1 year 11 months ago
The actual racing of greyhounds in SA remains prohibited but betting is permitted in KZN under our provincial KZNGBB legislation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikesack

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
If I remember greyhound racing was banned in SA many years ago and if not mistaken it was due to the possible cruel aspect and many working class were losing their weekly wage by spending on a Friday night?
This is my recollection?

Many bookies have been taking bets on the DOGS for years and IMO a great sport and many positives vs horse racing which I have elaborated on the site over the years 🐕vs🐎
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikesack

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Gallop TV Production Crew

1 year 11 months ago
At the time, the newly elected National Party stated that horseracing was a game of skill but dog racing not. Hence, the only legal gambling promulgated was horseracing. (Why is horseracing one word but dog racing two?).

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
There is a (football?) stadium adjacent to Turffontein, Wembley I think it is named. That, I am under big correction, used to be a dog track.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• MissT
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 11 months ago
Next to Turfontein is The Rand Stadium as it was known. Alongside was a cycle track not sure if that was called Wembley or not. The Wembley ice rink was just up the road from Turfontein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac

• Pirhobeta
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
If I remember greyhound racing was banned in SA many years ago and if not mistaken it was due to the possible cruel aspect and many working class were losing their weekly wage by spending on a Friday night?
This is my recollection?

Many bookies have been taking bets on the DOGS for years and IMO a great sport and many positives vs horse racing which I have elaborated on the site over the years 🐕vs🐎

I think that the perception regarding dog racing ( and it is only my opinion )...is that the breeding of dogs is less regulated and therefore more prone to animal abuse ( be it by breeders/handlers/owners /fly by nights )

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
.......there was a dog track in Dunswart near the then race course(Benoni Turf Club).....it was converted to a speedway and stock car track in the late 1950's.....:blink:

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
This is my recollection?

I think that the perception regarding dog racing ( and it is only my opinion )...is that the breeding of dogs is less regulated and therefore more prone to animal abuse ( be it by breeders/handlers/owners /fly by nights )

I have been away from the game for years including an interest in Swaziland.
You had gaff or flapping tracks where you would just take your dog along on the night of the races vs the very well regulated tracks, Powderhall, White City etc under NGRA ?
Dogs were properly kept, trained and looked after with vet checks, racecard, form, betting etc .

Ps a wonderful evening sport 😀

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds