Poor showing from Tellytrack - Aus racing

• Thor
  • Thor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Poor showing from Tellytrack - Aus racing

2 years 5 months ago
This morning the featured meetings from Australia are Sunshine Coast and Mildura, with Sunshine Coast starting both Jackpot Quickmixes.

With all the Sunshine coast races so far, we have had to watch a cut in midway through the race, with this latest one, the first leg of quickmix 2, Tellytrack showing us only the final 150m of the race. This is because the producer seems adamant on showing us Every single Australia race, forget actually building up pools for the featured races.

Catch a wake up Tellytrack. We have seen more races from Dubbo this morning than the featured venues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Poor showing from Tellytrack - Aus racing

2 years 5 months ago
Do TT control what’s showing or is this what they are sent from Oz producers?

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
They have access to each individual track's feed, as well as the consolidated sky feed. The feed is not the cause of what I posted. The cause is TT not understanding which venues are important to show, based on local exotics, and which are feeder venues. There are almost 10 or more Aus meetings each morning. TT can show all during the 4am to 10am slots yes, because they basically run the sky feed straight. Thereafter, once the local exotics kick in, they need to exercise their discretion.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
Bob I am definitely in a miniscule minority that even notices things like this, I am well aware. I am fighting this cause because I like my international racing, and I will not have TT ruin that through them not understanding basic stuff.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
TT will rather play an advert showing Brett Crawford asking me to play my bets on the Tote, rather than try to build up the tote pool with a race buildup, enabling me to play my bet on the Tote.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
Hi Bob,

There is no build up content. Hence we use the produced feed to provide information. But sky do switch at Will based on their programming out of our control.

The Interbet advert has to be shown as sky switch to dog racing which legally we can’t show.

Please invite Thor to join us in the studio, we’ll buy him breakfast and show him around
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Thor

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

2 years 5 months ago
This morning the featured meetings from Australia are Sunshine Coast and Mildura, with Sunshine Coast starting both Jackpot Quickmixes.

With all the Sunshine coast races so far, we have had to watch a cut in midway through the race, with this latest one, the first leg of quickmix 2, Tellytrack showing us only the final 150m of the race. This is because the producer seems adamant on showing us Every single Australia race, forget actually building up pools for the featured races.

Catch a wake up Tellytrack. We have seen more races from Dubbo this morning than the featured venues!

This is one of the reasons why i had to look for Sky 1, Sky 2 and Sky ThorougbredCentral links. Sometimes we want to support local tote but it doesn't work and you punt with anxiety and stress. Punters want to watch the races not adverts when races are running. They starve us with full exotics for no reason. They bring kak coverage. I better do the illegals stream and go bet with my bookie. When are they going to give us feed in HD?? Surely this era we watch stone age standard definition. Tomorrow they have Toowomba (kak course with poor horses and low class handicaps) coverage instead of Cox Plate. Not sure if we gonna see Melbourne Cup and Breeders Cup. When will they cover the Vic races??? Was the media platform set up for horseracing and are the people running the company know what horse racing is?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thor

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
Thanks for the response Tellytrack. Glad that you guys are open to feedback.
From what I then gather, and from Eram's response as well, the Tote need to be working together with Tellytrack to decide the best venues to cover and stick to that, rather than taking in all. I guarantee that not many people play the Win Place and Exacta on the morning meetings. The South African punter wants exotics, as it is what we are accustomed to Let's see if we can see improvement in the weeks to come.

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds