SCOTIA ON MONDAY 18TH FEB.

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

SCOTIA ON MONDAY 18TH FEB.

16 years 2 months ago
Good day to the CLAN as we prepare for another busy week.

Hope you all had a pleasant weekend and managed to make a small profit.

Lots off rather sad posts on the site today and our thoughts are with Chris and his family and in addition some very serious reports on Buddy Maroun.

I watched Carte Blanche last night and that was not a good way to finish the weekend, is it always so scary?

Not much racing today and sure many are having a break, so I had a look at the ante-post and give you the following updates.

On the racing front, I had a sleepless night on Saturday with the fear that Kauto was going to be scratched from the Gold Cup clash and glad to report all is back on track, but must admit did a bit of fancy footwork with the prices and have my bet at just under 10/1, not bad for a 12/10 shot and have a bit flexibility, however money aside, this is a race I want to see. I am sure many missed the race on Saturday due to our continuous poor programming, but hope you enjoyed Ngong? I seen a post the other day to hint that maybe Phumelela does not want us punters on track and that its better for to have the uneducated punter sitting in front of the box forced to punt on tote based products and poor quality racing? and this may be a valid point, however I have been able to link via the International racing and now can watch from home, so the "switch off" from International Racing at the track, has just forced this punter to find alternative methods over the weekend, but I do miss the Yorkshire pudding,

The supreme novice can see Rippling Ring end up one of the 10/1 joint favs? Sizing Europe continues to be supported into 2/1 and Harchibald is easy to back at 10/1 plus for the Champion Hurdle.
Champion bumper is always difficult, but some support for Zaarito and Apt Approach as the market takes shape.
Champion Chase much the same with Twist Magic, Master Minded and Voy Por Ustedes the probable's to lift the trophy. Inglis Dever still looks a cert for the World Hurdle, I have no further news on Black Jack?
Franchoek continues to be punted for the Triumph.

Asiatic Boy probably has it all to do to beat Curlin, but if you include the MDK factor, I am sure an e.w. at 7/1 wont be far away?

On the soccer front a few bruised egos this weekend and Arsenal are still 8/10 for the league but United at 2/1 must have a given them a mental scare?
To lift the cup, Unt and Chelsea are joint favs at just under 2/1, and for the Carling Cup, Chelsea are favs to beat Spurs.
The 2 horse race continues in Scotland with the Auld Firm joint favs for Cup and the Gers money on for the league.

On the rugby front the Super 14 is under way and Crusaders and Blues starting as early favs.
The six nations looks good for the French at 7/10 the big clash should be for the Wooden Spoon, between Scotland and Italy and I will be cheering for the Italians to lift this prestigious trophy.

Thanks to sportingweb for getting scotia involved in other sports.

Good punting and may your God be with you.

SCOTIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perpetual
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Re: Re: SCOTIA ON MONDAY 18TH FEB.

16 years 2 months ago
Scotia,

I'm wagering a bit on Spurs to beat Chelsea and The Stormers to beat The Sharks...that should shake things up a bit :-)

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Re: SCOTIA ON MONDAY 18TH FEB.

16 years 2 months ago
Good man its impossible to say what odds you can get, but at the least 6/1 for the double?
The trouble is the choices we have, 90 mins,outright, half time/full time, handicap, etc, etc,

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds