Glyn Schofield Interview after 9 months off due to injury

• Sylvester
  • Sylvester's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Glyn Schofield Interview after 9 months off due to injury

2 years 6 months ago
He made the perfect start to his comeback and Glyn Schofield aims to take it up another notch at Randwick this Saturday.

Schofield returned to the saddle last week after more than nine months on the sidelines after having surgery to repair nerve damage which was affecting his right arm.

“They did the surgery on my C5, 6 and 7 and the nerve damage or impingement in my neck took a little while to repair itself,” Schofield said.

The champion international rider returned to the saddle at Gosford on Wednesday and took just four rides to return to the winner’s circle, saluting aboard Crystal Waters for Paul Murray at Hawkesbury on Thursday.

Then 48 hours later he gave everyone a reminder of what he’s capable of when guiding the Chris Waller-trained Yonkers to victory in the Group 2 Shannon Stakes at Rosehill.

“I’ve come through things really well. Obviously with a smile on my face,” Schofield said.

“I couldn’t have asked for a better start other than winning a Group 1 race and until this weekend, I haven’t had a chance to win one of those.

“I’ve never felt so good. The body and the mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds