OZZ TROTS TODAY

• eramutsamaya
  • eramutsamaya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

OZZ TROTS TODAY

3 years 5 months ago
I thought i could open harness racing thread for those that would like to share ideas, news, tips etc.
Which sites do you use to study? I use
www.harness.org.au/form-index.cfm

I have been following trots for years; besides most races having shorties its one code which is not easy especially trotting handicap/ standing start races. You have to know best drivers. An indepth understanding of state tracks is very important eg VIC & QLD tracks have sprint lanes and most NSW & TAS tracks have no sprint lanes. In SA only Pinjara has sprint lane and NSW only Bathurst has sprint lane. Sprint lanes are important in this game as they give a fair chance to trailing horses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Magi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: OZZ TROTS TODAY

3 years 5 months ago
I don't play Harness anymore ... but did have some success at times. I find it dull and unexciting as a spectacle.

www.punters.com.au/form-guide/harness/ ... was the site I used but I did not study form... play trifecta in three forms per race .... fav x next three in the betting x field. 2) Fav x Field x next three in betting 3) next three in betting x fav x field ..... when I was in Oz trifecta's had just started and they had no idea how to structure bets... every day I would do a few races like that .... paid my holiday and I came home with the money I left with

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 5 months ago
Another important website but only for selected NSW races which shows speed maps and runner commentary. VERY USEFUL

iform.hrnsw.com.au/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magi

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 5 months ago
KILMORE JACKPOT

PENRITH JACKPOT

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 5 months ago
Bad gallopers in the 4th standing start at Kilmore.
Standing starts very dicey.
This is trots so you would think the most important thing for the trainers to do is make sure the horse is trained to not gallop but alas they often do.
A lot to do with the driver also and there is some drivers that are amateurs so don't expect too much from them.
like Eram said,follow the good drivers,check the premiership standings and go from there.
Chris Alford obviously the best.
Danielle Hill I rate.
Gary Hall Jr I really like.
Grant Dixon decent but he has been caught for cheating,him and his vrou Trish,so be weary of them.
Kate Gath and Greg Sugars the other two I like to follow.

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 5 months ago
Penrith Jackpot

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 5 months ago
Question for you Eram, Durbs and anyone else that played the Jackpots at Aus before and after Commingling. Do you think it is a viable bet to play now to make money?
In my experience what I found was I regularly won more when it was local pools against local players, and for me to win a lot in the Aus pools against the Aussie punters that know a lot more than us, I have to really get "lucky" rather than being able to surely say I'm gna bank an odds on horse and still win a decent amount. I dont like playing to win a 10 or 20% return, and so much risk. This has made me stop playing the Aus jackpots and go only for quick mix when it comes to Aus multi race exotics, but maybe I have been wrong in my assessment and should start playing them again?

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 5 months ago
Thor wrote: Question for you Eram, Durbs and anyone else that played the Jackpots at Aus before and after Commingling. Do you think it is a viable bet to play now to make money?
In my experience what I found was I regularly won more when it was local pools against local players, and for me to win a lot in the Aus pools against the Aussie punters that know a lot more than us, I have to really get "lucky" rather than being able to surely say I'm gna bank an odds on horse and still win a decent amount. I dont like playing to win a 10 or 20% return, and so much risk. This has made me stop playing the Aus jackpots and go only for quick mix when it comes to Aus multi race exotics, but maybe I have been wrong in my assessment and should start playing them again?

Aus Harness racing Commingled Jackpots at the moment is a big NO. The pools are small and not worth it even if outsiders win. As you indicated the Quickmix Morning Jackpot is a better option. I have caught Aus Flat Commingled Jackpots but the biggest win was 8k.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thor

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 5 months ago
Thor,you manage to find one outsider or play to get an odds on shot beaten it will still pay.
I play 2 jackpots,sometimes even just putting the second favorite to beat an odds on shot.
I found the pick 3 would pay decently if one shortie got beat but the pools where very small so you would have had to take it with a few bookies otherwise the max you could win would be maybe R500.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thor

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 5 months ago
naresh wrote:
Thor wrote: Question for you Eram, Durbs and anyone else that played the Jackpots at Aus before and after Commingling. Do you think it is a viable bet to play now to make money?

Aus Harness racing Commingled Jackpots at the moment is a big NO. The pools are small and not worth it even if outsiders win. As you indicated the Quickmix Morning Jackpot is a better option. I have caught Aus Flat Commingled Jackpots but the biggest win was 8k.

I don't know hey Naresh.
Bathurst yesterday....
1.50...4.40...6.70...9.20 paid R896
banker 5 horses 5 horses 5 horses more than 10 times your outlay.

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 5 months ago
durbs wrote: Bad gallopers in the 4th standing start at Kilmore.
Standing starts very dicey.
This is trots so you would think the most important thing for the trainers to do is make sure the horse is trained to not gallop but alas they often do.
A lot to do with the driver also and there is some drivers that are amateurs so don't expect too much from them.
like Eram said,follow the good drivers,check the premiership standings and go from there.
Chris Alford obviously the best.
Danielle Hill I rate.
Gary Hall Jr I really like.
Grant Dixon decent but he has been caught for cheating,him and his vrou Trish,so be weary of them.
Kate Gath and Greg Sugars the other two I like to follow.

Ya thats one thing i hate about VIC races, they always fit standing start races and the fav always gallop.

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 5 months ago
Yeah I wonder why they have standing starts?
So much more fair a mobile start,maybe the bookies are sponsoring those races.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds