Re:Gauteng racing 15 January 2022

• Sylvester
  • Sylvester's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Gauteng racing 15 January 2022

2 years 2 months ago
Supplementary Report: Race 6 No 7 CELESTIAL LOVE - 6 November 2021 Trainer Report back : NHA
Injured Pectoral muscle and suspected hoof abscess - both treated.

useful info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saint Tropez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Gauteng racing 15 January 2022

2 years 2 months ago
I think Zanetto in the 5th they have the rating wrong - big runner imo :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester, mikesack, Craig Pienaar

• bayern
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
Fancy this multiple :-

R2) Majestic Mozart X (R4) War Of Athena X (R8) Cleaver Greene X (R9) Zeus
Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago
I see the 11/10 WOA has gone my question is do we take the 16/1 ew for the MET before the race?

Good Punting

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago
Pick 6

1 with maybe 9
Plenty
1and 2
A few
8 or field

Still working on the master plan

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Gauteng racing 15 January 2022

2 years 2 months ago
Freed From Desire

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
I see the 11/10 WOA has gone my question is do we take the 16/1 ew for the MET before the race?

Good Punting
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A little birdie tells that if WOA is going to the Met then today's run may just not be a formality.
Sentbydestiny at the weights will give a lot to think about and the Garden Province Stakes formline is working out like a charm.
The double with Zanetto in R5.

• Neon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

2 years 2 months ago
Freed From Desire

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

Ive been following this horse, and will keep following it, hopefully it drifts to 10s /12s

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago
Will be including Candice horse in pick 6 🤞

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
Sort of a damp day, so every chance of more rain, I think the going may be on the soft side - thoughts .... ( I have not yet listened to any of the 'experts')

R1: Miss Otis ran on well on a soft track over 1400 last time - does seem to have only the Peter runner to beat, but imo that one needs to improve a bit, so for me Miss Otis is a confident selection

R2: Only 5 runners for this Progress Plate and Mozart Magic is the obvious one; MM safely holds Pack Leader (and anyway the Laird stable is going through a bit of a dry spell); I think the 3yr old William Robertson has something to find at these weights, so the main danger to MM imo is the consistent (around the turn at least) Indlamu - but the form of the Tarry stable is a worry (to prove me wrong they will probably win 4 today :dry: )

R3: Positive Attitude ran on well on debut over 1400 on soft going at this track, so should prefer the 1600 today and should go close from a nice draw; With Pleasure is now getting the hang of it and it could get close between him and PA; Master of Coin has breathing issues and ran below form on a soft track last time, so I think a bigger danger could be Gimme Royalty, but that one does seem better over 1400; Dawn Mission has his first run as a gelding, so could still improve, while Montmercy tries the trip and could surprise as well - Earl of Cardigan improving but has more to do imo - so as per the betting, I think Positive Attitude and With Pleasure will fight it out

R4: Pinnacle Stakes over 1400 where War of Athena again has it all to do; as mentioned on this thread, Sentbydestiny has her stone cold at the weights (and on my ratings ran to her rating last time), also could prove significant that Kennedy has chosen to ride her in preference to MK's Pride - who must also be a factor this track and trip on his best form; then we have the disappointing Forever Mine, the in-form Ikigai and also Mardi Gras - all of them not too badly in here, so we could be in for a bit of an upset

R5: Back to the handicaps, and I mentioned earlier in this thread that I believe that Zanetto ran to a higher mark when winning her Maiden, so if the soft going does not pose a problem, I think she is the right one; favorite Ablaan (also a bit under-rated imo) is the obvious danger, and in his favor is that he has won on a soft track; Look Yourself is suited to this track and trip, also has not run in the soft and imo could have his work cut out here on ratings

R6: Pinnacle Stakes over 1100; obviously one should ignore Celestial Love's last effort, but I think she will not find it that easy to win this; obvious chance, but should not be too much between her and Sweet Future at the weights; biggest danger to both the fillies, imo is Battle Force, who found the 1000 a bit sharp last time - interesting that Yeni has deserted BF in favor of Vaseem, but that one imo has something to find and a soft track may also not be ideal; Riverstown could upset, but also seem better on good going, as is the case with the well-weighted Chimichuri Run

R7: Competitive Swallow Stakes, where I think all but perhaps Remember When have chances; on form I think it could get close between Big Burn and Shield of Roses (gets 3kgs from BB) - they have both proved that soft conditions will not be a problem, so I think they will fight it out; Freed From Desire was beaten by Desert Miracle (while Shield of Roses did narrowly beat DM on debut), so I think she could be held; Under Your Spell I think may now need a little further, while Supreme Quest was easily beaten by SoR when last they met, but that was when SQ was returning from a rest, so she could at least get closer to SoR

R8: Cleaver Greene a short-priced favorite, but he does have a bit to do against these imo; Spanish Boy is overdue to get his nose in front, while Barney's Pride has his first run as a gelding - has shown good sprinting form (holds the very capable Ultra Quick) while Grappler can't be ignored on his form alone

R9: Zeus is improving and could prove good enough to defy the 8 point rise; if he does not win, it is a bit of a mine-field imo, where only My Master seems to have no chance on current form

Enjoy B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, kt6747, TNaicker

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds