Quality of pictures on Tellytrack?

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Quality of pictures on Tellytrack?

2 years 2 months ago
I have been out and went to 249 to watch some racing and the quality of the pictures are world class.

Did my signal get better or have Tellytrack or 4Racing improved something?

It's far superior to what I watched on Saturday.

Cheers đŸș đŸ˜ŽđŸ€“

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Quality of pictures on Tellytrack?

2 years 2 months ago
... hopefully too for Ngong

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Quality of pictures on Tellytrack?

2 years 2 months ago
Read on Sportingpost that there will be announcements regarding Tellytrack, 4Racing and Gold Circle in broadcasting pictures.

If they going their separate ways, how will they broadcast Foreign Venues if you not at a betting shop. Will it be streamed on their websites.

What licenses do you require if you using digital means to broadcast a satellite signal in South Africa.

Streaming is the future but is delayed by almost a minute in South Africa. A racing tv channel is definitely required. An option will be Openview run by the owners of Etv. SABC has plans to introduce more channels as well.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
Needs to be available on all satellite options - Not just DSTV, and not just Openview. Definitely not going to be installing ANOTHER set of dishes and decoders just for racing - Works well currently with DSTV because we have DSTV for other channels, not just racing. Openview should definitely be added to the mix though.

• BATMAN
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

2 years 2 months ago
I’m not interested in streaming anything,i just want to go to a channel on tv like 249 without paying extra. They mustn’t even think of trying streaming in totes as it will just be a mess up. This 4 racing seam like slow movers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thor

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
They want to think of streaming something but can't even guarantee the stream is up and running properly for a minor feature race when an above average amount of people are streaming at the same time? What about tabonline? How about fixing the web site that drives their income first before thinking of increasing reliance on their server's bandwidth capacity which has already been strained and failed many times of late.

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
A Satellite signal is definitely required. DSTV viewers are leaving in their droves for Netflix streaming and other streaming networks. A premium DSTV package is required to watch all sport channels which is around R900. If you a sports lover then R900 maybe is not too bad but still pricey.

Streaming is definitely required because people are on the move. I have watched live stream broadcasts of sports and horseracing on YouTube with no hassles even with like close to 10 000 people watching. I had no problem watching this years July on YouTube.

My primary concern is how will they broadcast their Foreign Venues.

• BATMAN
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

2 years 2 months ago
Dstv has a package with limited channels that includes channel 249 for only R110 pm

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
I’m not interested in streaming anything,i just want to go to a channel on tv like 249 without paying extra. They mustn’t even think of trying streaming in totes as it will just be a mess up. This 4 racing seam like slow movers.

Apparently its 4Racing that want to go their separate ways from what I gather.

Gold Circle YouTube channel is excellent. If only the express clips do not give the winners name as these clips are posted within 10 minutes of the race. If you missed the race you still can watch the race with excitement. Most overseas racing websites and YouTube channels do not give the winners name of the race.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago
MEDIA RELEASE

Tabcorp boosts international thoroughbred content with South African distribution deal

Tabcorp’s Sky Racing’s International division has expanded its global offering by securing the exclusive worldwide rights to 120 meetings a year from South Africa as part of a multi-year deal with Gold Circle, a leading South African wagering and racing operator.

The deal will see top level racing from Gold Circle's Hollywoodbets Greyville (Durban) and Hollywoodbets Scottsville (Pietermaritzburg) tracks beamed to international audiences via Sky’s extensive global distribution network, as well as to Sky’s viewers in Australia across TAB venues, the app and website and in homes.

The racing content from Hollywoodbets Scottsville and Hollywoodbets Greyville — home of Africa’s most prestigious race the Durban July — will complement Sky’s current international content offering of racing from Australia and New Zealand.

The arrangement starts from January 17 and will be supported by Tabcorp’s international subsidiaries, Sky Racing World (USA) and Premier Gateway International, as well as our valued existing international partners.

Tabcorp’s GM International, Paul Cross said the deal continued a long-standing partnership that Sky has had with the racing industry in South Africa.

“This means more high quality racing for Sky viewers and for punters, as well as benefits for the racing industry in both Australia and South Africa.

“And with this being worldwide rights, it also enhances our export offering with more than 60 countries taking Sky content."

Gold Circle CEO Michel Nairac said: “At a time when many of the revenue streams supporting the South African Horseracing Industry have been affected by Covid-19 restrictions and other economic circumstances, this agreement for the international rights to KwaZulu Natal’s racing product, goes a long way to sustaining the sport in the province. We look forward to a mutually beneficial long-standing relationship with Tabcorp.”

More information:

Rick Wallace, Tabcorp Media Relations Manager
Rick.wallace@tabcorp.com.au
+61 3 9868 2630

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago
I received this reply regards picture quality

“DSTV doesn’t squeeze the bitrate in the week as there is no major sport”

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
Looks like Tellytrack is doomed.

Response from Gold Circle as per Sportingpost comments section.

Hi George
On request from us, Gold Circle’s Marketing Manager Steve Marshall has kindly responded to your pertinent comment:

‘Obviously for the Durban July there is a Broadcast Rights Agreement in place for that specific event, however the reader’s comments are more than likely referring to what will happen to the ability for the public to view the South African racing product for the other 364 days of the year, once Tellytrack as we know it ceases to exist. I can confirm that the racing public will continue to watch KZN racing on DSTV channel 249 until 28 February. Gold Circle will send out a communication prior to that date detailing how the public will be able to view racing from Hollywoodbets Greyville and Hollywoodbets Scottsville going forward from 1 March. Rest assured Gold Circle is fully aware that it is in the best interests of the industry to give as many people as possible access to viewing South African racing in future and this is what we are aiming to achieve.’

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds