Are there any runners whom the NHRA have themselves underrated?

• TheBlueME

Re: Re:Are there any runners whom the NHRA have themselves underrated?

2 years 3 months ago
@ Mac

I'm not a handicap fundi but,

For future analysis of form

Look at Novice Plates, Graduation Plates, Progress Plates, Pinnacle Plates and Condition Feature Races including Non Black Type. Most of the time the placed horses cannot be increased and the winner only can go up a certain amount of points. Look for anomalies there. In Maiden Races where most of the runners have run more than three times look for the highest rated horses. Sometimes they can go off at nice odds. In Maiden races though, I first go on the dam side pedigree from the debut run until what I perceive is their optimal distance. Found numerous long shots purely on breeding. Raceform normally show their siblings but does go beyond the dam. I find looking at their second and third dams is useful. You can go to pedigreequery.com for that.

I good example of this was Glacier Gold on Monday. Last couple of races was Plates and Pinnacles ... Stayed an 80 ..... Made hard work of the win, but to me was well weighted and the banker on the card.

So yep, this game requires time, I have been a punter with blinkers on for 3 years, listening to every tipster, buying info, and going with the flow. Only the last 18 months since the reopen of racing have I really studied form, ratings pedigrees, distances, times etc ..... and gone with my own research and figures. Still a tough game but at least only myself to blame.

Dropped the ball on Johnny Hero, cost me a few thousands, but then again probably 99% of punters.

My next challenge is to see the difference how these horses go down to post. Hear a lot of he looks good, ears pricked, striding nicely, head down, choppy, over eager etc. but can't make out head from tail ... So maybe sometime needed at the race track with experience horseman or punters ... maybe even checking the work at
randjies ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds