A racing world without Jooste

• BATMAN
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Re: A racing world without Jooste

6 years 3 months ago
the more im looking into this it will be obvious that he cant stay in racing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BATMAN
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

6 years 3 months ago
mayfair speculators pty ltd, does anyone know who the directers are , thinking about it less then two years ago all his horses were taken out of his name and put in a name of a pty ltd without his name as nominee.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

6 years 3 months ago
rolands song wrote: Can the powerful Coolmore gang kick him their respected partnership????? Cos this can dampen their name in the elite powerful circles of racing

They are not named the “Coolmore mafia “ for no reason

• Gazza
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

6 years 3 months ago
Roy Moodley still on the board of Gold Circle so anything is possible!

• Tigershark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

6 years 3 months ago
All assets should be frozen immediately.

I have nothing personal against MJ, I do not know the man personally however the losses in horse racing pale in comparison to the losses to pension funds. The assets in racing must be frozen immediately until the case of fraud is answered. The German authorities can not be waved away and will seek just punishment for fraudulent acts committed on their stock exchange.

I do however feel for those that are innocent that will be judged by association and have their reputations tarnished.

I would rather have racing in South Africa twice a week than stand by while the wicked prosper.

As far as a racing world without MJ, I will not be losing any sleep. Finally everyone will see if Cape racing can stand on it's own. The racing industry is not any one persons personal play ground, this game has multiple shareholders and contributors.

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago
Tigershark wrote: All assets should be frozen immediately.

I have nothing personal against MJ, I do not know the man personally however the losses in horse racing pale in comparison to the losses to pension funds. The assets in racing must be frozen immediately until the case of fraud is answered. The German authorities can not be waved away and will seek just punishment for fraudulent acts committed on their stock exchange.

I do however feel for those that are innocent that will be judged by association and have their reputations tarnished.

I would rather have racing in South Africa twice a week than stand by while the wicked prosper.

As far as a racing world without MJ, I will not be losing any sleep. Finally everyone will see if Cape racing can stand on it's own. The racing industry is not any one persons personal play ground, this game has multiple shareholders and contributors.

but who should freeze them and on what authority ? He has not been charged -at this stage all we know is he resigned- His company has not instituted any charges against him to recover any money and neither have the germans - yes their were major loses but at this stage they were caused by a resignation and a company saying they are having an investigation - I have no love for this person but I think without legal grounds how can you freeze his assets?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by mr hawaii.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

6 years 3 months ago
I feel it will be a massive blow to local racing with many potential job losses

Sad

• Tigershark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Mr H, he has already admitted to having made mistakes, granted the case has not been brought or heard yet however the SA authorities should be in contact with the German authorities to ascertain what exactly the situation is.

I am not judging anyone guilty until the case is heard however what I would not like to see is the Horse Racing assets of MJ traded in the interim and should the outcome of the case be negative for him then most of the assets are missing or have been sold. In short I would not like to see anyone benefit ahead of the real losers.

BTW the Steinhoff Board has admitted to accounting irregularities and the Auditors refused to sign off the financials so although nobody has been found guilty yet does that mean nothing should be done.

It turns my stomach that semantics will cloud this issue while some will get paid while the real losers suffer.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Tigershark.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

6 years 3 months ago
louisg wrote: Racing without MJ will be poorer. Much poorer.

However, who says that MJ will pull out of Racing Anyway? Except of course for the people who hate the man without even knowing him and who have gleefully already found him guilty.

I do not know the facts and have no idea about how the financial World works. All I know is that if MJ does leave racing it will be bad for us all.

My comment here would be there certainly is an impression of GLEE and enthusiasm to the posts on the subject, which i personally dont share and regard just very sad for SA horseracing

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I would add that my comment is based on racing but certainly feel for lost jobs , pensions etc which may effect many innocent people

No glee just sadness
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Dave Scott.

• onlyinthiscountry

Jooste has only been good for sa racing and its very sad for the game . This will also affect other big owners like van niekerk, wernars and braam as they all involved with steinhoff ,or have sold there business to steinhoff for shares in steinhoff. Trainers will be severely affected down to grooms
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by onlyinthiscountry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

• Over the Air
  • Over the Air's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: A racing world without Joostey

6 years 3 months ago
All this sympathy for Jooste is misguided. Where were you all when he launched his attacks on the TBA? This man has definitely not only been good for racing in this country, he has manipulated things to his advantage. I am one who is very happy that he is falling and think that he is getting what a thief and fraudster deserves. Watching on ENCA he has cost the man in the street billions.
Let us not be nostalgic.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds