WHO ARE YOU??????

More
2 years 4 months ago #781191 by Scraping Paint
Scraping Paint on topic WHO ARE YOU??????
Hello ABC members.

I'm Daryl, a lurker for many years, finally decided to register. I likely won't be posting much, however if I do find some value I'll be sure to post it.

Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 4 months ago #781192 by Dave Scott
Dave Scott on topic WHO ARE YOU??????
Welcome Daryl

More
2 years 3 months ago #782913 by Pirhobeta
Pirhobeta on topic Re: WHO ARE YOU??????
I gave up DSTV...because they charge me R105 to use my PVR...So I don't watch anymore...fark them...

More
2 years 3 months ago #782914 by Pirhobeta
and by association...Tellytrack...

More
2 years 3 months ago #782915 by Pirhobeta
the straw...that broke the camels back...;)

More
2 years 3 months ago #782916 by Pirhobeta
I eventually realised that I was spending almost R1000 p/m to watch Tellytrack...and I don't bet anymore...only on a Sunday if I'm at home...doesn't make any flipping sense...:whistle:

More
2 years 3 months ago #782917 by Pirhobeta
P.S. their coverage has only got worse...from course and TT

More
2 years 3 months ago #783311 by kristieN
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pirhobeta

• RA Stranger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 2 months ago #786284 by RA Stranger
RA Stranger on topic Re: WHO ARE YOU??????
My name is Rob Stranger I was once deeply passionate about local horse racing. I hail from a family steeped in local horse racing tradition and I am a keen follower and observer of the game. I am a punter by default and
my intended interests and ambitions were in the improvement of the total horse racing "experience”, my real passion is for the horse and "horse racing" people and their total involvement in the thoroughbred horse racing experience, and fueling their passion for the horse and horsemanship.

I grew up on a racing estate in Newmarket, Alberton and there worked as a stable lad grooming and tending to brood mares and convalescing/rested race horses. I also often filled in for stable grooms by riding in-training horses to the work track. I also began to attend horse sales with my father, his patrons and other family members who were also involved in the racing industry.

I lost a lot of direct interest after the death of my father, a race horse trainer, in 1981 and then the further tragedy of the Henneman air disaster took many more of my friends. My direct interest in the racing industry was renewed when I attended a race meeting in Singapore during a business trip in 2002. I then began to research the local horse racing market for product applications. At the same time started marketing South African bloodstock to potential customers in Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Further to this I began consulting for a small family business importing equine feed additives. This put me back in touch with many local and international racing people, owners, trainers, breeders and racing enthusiasts. However outbreaks of equine influenza and AHS and revised protocols on movement of horses put paid to my equine export aspirations.

At the same time I also began an extensive study of pedigrees and breeding practices and started to attend horse sales all around the country. I then started a selection process based on pedigree knowledge that I garnered from interaction with other local pedigree experts that I corresponded with through the local PEDIX forum and armed with these in depth observations of breeding practices and with this knowledge began to target buyers and potential buyers by sending them my selection suggestions.

Further to this I also began to consult to owner/breeders, owner partnerships and syndicates on potential matings and recommendations on breeding and boarding. I also consulted trainers and breeders on equine nutrition, feed additives, non prescription and homeopathic medication.

I have more recently, purposely kept a low profile in the local racing industry as I planned some day to seek a position in the industry. I am a self motivated, goal orientated and with immense inter-personal understanding, this coupled with higher than average communication skills, extremely diplomatic, highly flexible and willing to take on a challenge to ensure a greater racing experience for all that wish to be part of and work within the horse racing industry. I threw my hat into the ring and applied for many of the positions offered in the racing establishment and found how badly rigged it was.

In the coming weeks I will divulge some of my personal encounters when applying to these positions and expose the nepotism and cronyism that has led to the downfall of local racing.

• Dave Scott
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 2 months ago #786285 by Dave Scott
Dave Scott on topic Re: WHO ARE YOU??????
Not sure if I should say welcome Rob?

Thank you for your past and hopefully future contribution.

With your CV, I am sure you could be an asset to our current racing dilemma.

More
2 years 2 months ago #786293 by TNaicker
TNaicker on topic Re: WHO ARE YOU??????
Honest voices should always be welcomed...:)

Life's too short to have a long face...so, cherish the good, learn from the bad and forget the rest...

• Dave Scott
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #795842 by Dave Scott
Dave Scott on topic Re: WHO ARE YOU??????
Thought I would give this thread a bump.

It was started 13 years ago and much has changed in racing over this period.

It has in the region of 1082 posts on the thread and has 177, 000 views.

The thoughts and fears thread has also been busy, but this remains the biggest.

Here is what I posted 13 years ago.

.....................quote ..............

Good morning again, I did post on my SCOTIA ON THE WEEKEND thread that I thought we could reveal who we are?

scotia = Dave Scott

I like bacon rolls, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, C.S.N., Peter Gabriel.
I drink JWB and dry white wine.
I enjoy horseracing and do no exercises.
I support Heart of Midlothian
My favorite comedy show was Only Fools and Horses.
Fav movie Shawshank Redemption.

Don't be shy?

Have a feeling this could be the only post?

...........end of quote..........

Feel free to say a few words about yourself
I am now Old and retired and have 3 grandkids, what a pleasure they have given us.

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds