Warning: Undefined variable $end_tag_params in /home/africanbettingcl/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Warning: Undefined variable $end_tag_params in /home/africanbettingcl/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Re:Re:Olympics Tokyo 2020

• Mac
  • Mac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Olympics Tokyo 2020

2 years 10 months ago
Scheduled to start 23 July 2021.

US issues Japan travel warning weeks before Olympics.

Will these Olympics ever happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Olympics Tokyo 2020

2 years 8 months ago
Today is day -2 and the Women’s football kicks off the Olympics with Sweden v USA. I have to say the USA women’s is one of the teams one must watch at the Olympics. Kickoff time is now 10:30.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Olympics Tokyo 2020

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago
Top 10 to follow at the games:

Simone Biles - gymnastics - No Olympic gymnast has managed to retain the prestigious all-around title twice since 1968. The women's gymnastics starts on Sunday, 25 July.

Caleb Dressel - swimming - he is not aiming to beat anyone other than yesterday's version of himself. The 100m freestyle starts on Tuesday, 27 July.

Jessica Springsteen - yip, Bruce’s daughter - equestrian - She will ride 12-year-old stallion Don Juan van de Donkhoeve. The individual jumping starts on Tuesday, 3 August.

Laurel Hubbard - weightlifting - 43-year-old transgender - she broke men’s records as a junior and will be competing in the women’s - Hubbard will be the first trans athlete to compete at the Olympics in an individual event - The women's weightlifting 87kg starts on Monday, 2 August.

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce - is one of only three women in history to successfully defend their Olympic 100m title (2008 and 2012) and no-one has ever won the title three times - The women's 100m heats get under way on Friday, 30 July.

Novak Djokovic - who? - can u believe it? - The Olympic tennis competition will get under way on Saturday, 24 July.

Wayde van Niekerk - our chap, enough said - The men's 400m heats start on Sunday, 1 August.

Teddy Riner - judo - became the first to win three gold medals for judo - he is six foot eight inches tall - The first round of Riner's +100kg category starts on Thursday, 29 July.

The USA women's soccer team - unbeaten in 44 games - four-times world champions are going for their fifth Olympic gold - USA face Sweden on Wednesday now.

Kevin Durant - basketball - aka KD, was the US team's leading scorer at the past two Olympics - but the USA has lost their last two warm-ups - USA men's opening match will be on Sunday, 25 July against France.

Summarised from bbc

Enjoy the games with a Bud.

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Mac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 8 months ago
Mac wrote: Today is day -2 and the Women’s football kicks off the Olympics with Sweden v USA. I have to say the USA women’s is one of the teams one must watch at the Olympics. Kickoff time is now 10:30.

Oops

• Felix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

2 years 8 months ago
Sweden 3 USA 0

The Blond in the Swedish team had a good game,all 9 of them ;) ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 8 months ago
Some heartbreaking stories relating to positive Covid tests 😢

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 8 months ago
Dave Scott wrote: Some heartbreaking stories relating to positive Covid tests 😢

The boss has said that it is still possible that the games may be cancelled.

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago
Mac wrote: Top 10 to follow at the games:

Simone Biles - gymnastics - No Olympic gymnast has managed to retain the prestigious all-around title twice since 1968. The women's gymnastics starts on Sunday, 25 July.

Caleb Dressel - swimming - he is not aiming to beat anyone other than yesterday's version of himself. The 100m freestyle starts on Tuesday, 27 July.

Jessica Springsteen - yip, Bruce’s daughter - equestrian - She will ride 12-year-old stallion Don Juan van de Donkhoeve. The individual jumping starts on Tuesday, 3 August.

Laurel Hubbard - weightlifting - 43-year-old transgender - she broke men’s records as a junior and will be competing in the women’s - Hubbard will be the first trans athlete to compete at the Olympics in an individual event - The women's weightlifting 87kg starts on Monday, 2 August.

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce - is one of only three women in history to successfully defend their Olympic 100m title (2008 and 2012) and no-one has ever won the title three times - The women's 100m heats get under way on Friday, 30 July.

Novak Djokovic - who? - can u believe it? - The Olympic tennis competition will get under way on Saturday, 24 July.

Wayde van Niekerk - our chap, enough said - The men's 400m heats start on Sunday, 1 August.

Teddy Riner - judo - became the first to win three gold medals for judo - he is six foot eight inches tall - The first round of Riner's +100kg category starts on Thursday, 29 July.

The USA women's soccer team - unbeaten in 44 games - four-times world champions are going for their fifth Olympic gold - USA face Sweden on Wednesday now.

Kevin Durant - basketball - aka KD, was the US team's leading scorer at the past two Olympics - but the USA has lost their last two warm-ups - USA men's opening match will be on Sunday, 25 July against France.

Summarised from bbc

Enjoy the games with a Bud.

Wrong on so many levels - The poor women athletes who have spent years training for this - As liberal as I am I cannot see that a person born male can ever compete against a woman in any sport that requires strength and power _ Imagine if Bruce Jenner had transitioned before the 1976 Olympics and competed in the womens division- What records would he have set - Sometimes woke people just need to wake up!!
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by mr hawaii.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 8 months ago
I’m also with you Mr H

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 8 months ago
i enjoy the athletics and indoor cycling. 400 hurdles mens and womans world records up for grabs
Gymnastics and Weightlifting i watch the high lights

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 8 months ago
Felix wrote: Sweden 3 USA 0

The Blond in the Swedish team had a good game,all 9 of them ;) ;)

USA unbeaten in 44 games leading up to tournament and those goals scored where crackers , this Swedish side is def the team to beat

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 8 months ago
The show director of the Olympics opening ceremony has been dismissed, one day before the event is due to be held.
Apparently, a long time ago, he joked about the Holocaust.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds