Too Much French ***

• Thor
  • Thor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Too Much French ***

3 years 10 months ago
Okay - We tried the French racing. It doesnt work as well as the others available. Stop cramming all the exotics into French races and give the other venues a chance as well. Swedish pools were much bigger and better. For the size of the fields at France and the results we are seeing, there is little to no value playing exotics at France right now.

Also, what is happening to all the carryovers? I havent seen one exotic pool for these international meetings with a carryover booster yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Too Much French ***

3 years 10 months ago
Don`t you prefer good quality racing to Tote Pools?

Next week when there`s 6 Group 1`s in France, let`s play the Harness racing

You always have the fixed odds route

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 10 months ago
Not saying don't have them there to bet on. Saying keep the exotics on the other centers as well, and actually market them. Currently we have French exotics getting all the billing and punters are speaking with their pockets.

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 10 months ago
Thor wrote: Okay - We tried the French racing. It doesnt work as well as the others available. Stop cramming all the exotics into French races and give the other venues a chance as well. Swedish pools were much bigger and better. For the size of the fields at France and the results we are seeing, there is little to no value playing exotics at France right now.

Also, what is happening to all the carryovers? I havent seen one exotic pool for these international meetings with a carryover booster yet?

We are just day dreaming with this call.
Its the same old Phumelela who think punters bet watever is on track. They THINK French Flat racing is popular..but honestly the figures from punters are speaking and they have all the info about pools etc. No action whatsover.

WHO ACTUALLY MAKE SUCH (POOR) DECISIONS AND WHATS THEIR DEFENCE ABOUT FRENCH RACING POOR POOLS & CONTINUATION WITH SOMETHING NOT POPULAR TO PUNTERS???
WHO IS THAT PERSON??
NB Dont blame covid-19 please.

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 10 months ago
Bob Brogan wrote: Don`t you prefer good quality racing to Tote Pools?

Next week when there`s 6 Group 1`s in France, let`s play the Harness racing

You always have the fixed odds route

Remember we are addicted; we cant just watch without punting. As much there can be quality racing but what return do punters realise when a 18 race field quartet pay less that 1k with 18/1 or more horses all in first 4? Who can invest in that??
Exotics keep us going that the fixed odds multies. We want PAs Bipots Jackpots quartets with value.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Too Much French ***

3 years 10 months ago
The quality of French racing is amongst the best in the world - vive les courses de chevaux français!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: RA Stranger

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 10 months ago
Please actually read the post before mentioning the quality of the races. That is not in question.

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 10 months ago
I think the SA punters have never had an interest in French racing except for the big days.
When it was normal racing,every now and then we would have a French PA to play and the pool battled to get over R1000.
Ngong was more popular.
Not saying it is bad racing but if you want a PA carryover you got a good chance it could happen in France.

• RA Stranger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

3 years 10 months ago
.....french racing is not for bookie chasers and bashers as most local punters follow money not class nor anything related to the horse....I find it as a purists paradise and big fields yield those big swingers pity the Trifecta and quartet pools are skint but this is due to none other that the open bet as 80-90% punters are playing with bookies because of the years of tote mismanagement and poor service.

I for one cant get my head around Skandie racing as the commentaries are most irritating and horses on flat surfaces do not seem to be able to gallop they all look like trotters and cripples.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 10 months ago
I see that the public is starting to warm up to the French Racing - The pools were good at Bordeaux today for both PA and Jackpot.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

3 years 10 months ago
Good news... In a few weeks, there will be Irish, and Possibly UK and South African racing, French and Swedish racing will be an after thought for most

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 10 months ago
Thor wrote: I see that the public is starting to warm up to the French Racing - The pools were good at Bordeaux today for both PA and Jackpot.
...and 80 per of the bets are carry overs that goes into hungry lions account.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds