Cricket season

• pirates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Cricket season

8 years 7 months ago
hashim amla went to Durban high school known as dhs the same school that barry Richards went to

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
pirates wrote: hashim amla went to Durban high school known as dhs the same school that barry Richards went to

Apologies if I got the school wrong as I did hear from friends close to Hashim that Hashim had a spell at Glenwood...how long before moving to Durban High School, I don't know...but it enabled him to get exposure he would most certainly not have got had he remained in Tongaat !!

• CnC 306
  • CnC 306's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
NZ with half of their players sitting at home outplay a Protea team who don't know how to bat, bowl and cant catch. The Indian team must be hiding behind their sofas with worry thinking about the Protea upcoming tour of India. :dry:

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
When Behardien is the top scorer by some distance, it is a severe indictment on the lack of adaptability shown by all the other batsmen...

Methinks that are a few that want another tilt at the World Cup but are already showing signs of inconsistency and, based on their reputations, will be kept in the team thus keeping out players that are likely to be needed for 2019...they will come into the team in 2017/2018 and not have played enough at international level to enable them to perform when it really matters in 2019...

Get rid of anyone over 30 now and enable a squad of 15-18 to play as much as possible together for the next few 4 years...win lose on draw they will be the better for having played at international level and having the exposure so that they don't ch_ ke when a title is on the line...

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
so you are saying that Amla, De Villiers, Steyn all must go? Mad thinking if I must say so. These guys especially the batters can go on for at the very least 6 more years if not longer.

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
chicken n chips wrote: so you are saying that Amla, De Villiers, Steyn all must go? Mad thinking if I must say so. These guys especially the batters can go on for at the very least 6 more years if not longer.

I think they should as they will be mid to late 30's by the time of the 2019 World Cup and will not be the players they once were...they will be there on the basis of their past achievements not necessarily their performances at the time as Father Time will have caught up...with batsmen, the eyes and / or hand reflexes and / or foot movement goes and then the decline can be rapid...yes, they will play the odd good inning and prolong their careers to the detriment of the team performance...

I'd much rather put together a squad of 15 - 18 players who are currently in their early to mid 20's and let them play together for the next 4 years...they will accumulate about 80-100 caps each in that time which will prepare them for just about any situation they are likely to encounter in 2019...and they will adapt to the rigours of international cricket much better than if they were required but only brought in a year or so before the World Cup...

The reality is that it is unlikely to happen so we will have to content ourselves with inconsistent performances like those seen in the last year...the cricket team and coaching making the same mistakes as the rugby team and coaching...to do the same things and expect a different result is the definition of insanity...

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
I have no idea what players are coming through although this young guy called Radeba looks good and hopefully he will grow and learn from Steyn, Morkel and Philander into yet another world class fast South African bowler. That spinner Harmer looks ok as does the lefty Phisongo.(athough I think he is more suited to the one day game) Van Zyl looks a good prospect and will score plenty of test runs. I think that the future for SA cricket is bright from what I have seen.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

8 years 7 months ago
Hollywood branding at the ODI

Attachments:

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
appears to be going tits up for the Proteas again. Williamson looks set on his 21 and would be no surprise if he bats right through the innings.

• Wouter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

8 years 7 months ago
SA currently even money to win in the in play prices... seems like taking candy from a baby...

Dont see NZ coming back

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 7 months ago
shouldn't lose from here, good as it gives them some confidence. Behardien has come good and deserves another chance when they visit India.

• Wouter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

8 years 7 months ago
got some of those evens... albeit it be small change staked

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds