Cape Winter 3yo Series Name Changes

• naresh
  • naresh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 week 1 day ago #789876 by naresh
Cape Winter 3yo Series Name Changes was created by naresh
I see that the Cape Winter Series, formerly the Winter Guineas, Winter Classic and Winter Derby has it name changed to the following,

Winter Guineas to Variety Club Mile
Winter Classic to Legal Eagle Stakes
Winter Derby to Pocket Power Stakes

These races are still Grade 3 races. How does Legal Eagle gets a leg named after it but never contested or won any leg. I understand Pocket Power as he won the "The Triple Crown" and Variety Club the fist leg (Winter Guineas) and became a superstar.

African Night Sky (won all three legs) has been ignored so does Winter Solstice (Multiple Grade 1 winner). Even Sweet Virginia could have been thrown in, won the Winter Classic and Winter Derby. She is the dam of Do It Again and the well performed Horse Of Fortune.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave Scott
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 1 day ago #789878 by Dave Scott
Fair comment Naresh.

More
1 week 1 day ago #789879 by mr hawaii

naresh wrote: I see that the Cape Winter Series, formerly the Winter Guineas, Winter Classic and Winter Derby has it name changed to the following,

Winter Guineas to Variety Club Mile
Winter Classic to Legal Eagle Stakes
Winter Derby to Pocket Power Stakes

These races are still Grade 3 races. How does Legal Eagle gets a leg named after it but never contested or won any leg. I understand Pocket Power as he won the "The Triple Crown" and Variety Club the fist leg (Winter Guineas) and became a superstar.

African Night Sky (won all three legs) has been ignored so does Winter Solstice (Multiple Grade 1 winner). Even Sweet Virginia could have been thrown in, won the Winter Classic and Winter Derby. She is the dam of Do It Again and the well performed Horse Of Fortune.

I hear the Comrades Marathon might name change to Caster Semenya Marathon - Things like this and the INSANE horse numbering in KZN show why Racing lost so many players - The incumbents are so out of touch with the betting public - They are loath to bestow honors on living human achievers of the sport (Mr Ferraris comes to mind - I know they' finally' gave him a race) but they name a race after a horse that is STILL RUNNING(albeit in PE)

THE MORE YOU STUDY FORM THE LUCKIER YOU GET

More
1 week 1 day ago #789880 by Shadley
Marinaresco only missed out on the Derby because he went on to run 2nd in the July. Would have been a good choice as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

More
1 week 1 day ago #789887 by Over the Air
Over the Air on topic Cape Winter 3yo Series Name Changes
Honouring anything associated with Jooste shows how out of touch racing is with reality.

More
1 week 1 day ago #789889 by PeeKay
Is there any sort of update on the Jooste saga?

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

About A.B.C

African Betting Clan is established for the upliftment of the sports punter, who enjoys a bet on horse racing, football and other sports, enabling them to voice their views and opinions on all aspects of the sport of their choice, free of charge.

Learn More

Contact Details

Main Office (HQ)
Box 40390 moreleta park, Pretoria 0044
+27 827854357

Events

July 2020
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25