WSB and ABC sponsored WT20 Competition

• Dellboy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Re: WSB and ABC sponsored WT20 Competition

8 years 1 month ago
Dellboy wrote:
The missing link wrote: Karma, am I correct in saying that batsmen can't get points for bowling and bowlers can't get points for scoring runs? Am asking because there are some seriously suspect 'bowlers' being picked :lol:

I would not mind some off these bowlers bowling to me :lol: :lol:

guess i was pushing my luck having Dhoni ( left arm slow ) as my bowler :woohoo: :woohoo:
The topic has been locked.
  • CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago
Maybe scrap all the selections and get everybody to re select and go with 5 batters 1 all rounder 1 keeper and 4 bowlers. Everybody score points for runs and wickets. Just my 2 pence worth
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by CnC 306.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 1 month ago
chicken n chips wrote: Maybe scrap all the selections and get everybody to re select and go with 5 batters 1 all rounder 1 keeper and 4 bowlers. Everybody score points for runs and wickets. Just my 2 pence worth

I hear what you saying, but we would end up in the same senario. Eg, someone selects Stokes as all rounder, and Faulkner as a bowler. You can't complain as Faulkner is a line bowler but classed as all rounder. So this way where Batsmen don't score points for bowling and visa versa should you still want a player that is an all rounder, and you have already selected your 2 all rounders, you just have to stipulate what discipline you have selected him for. Then no one can question if a player is a batsmen/bowler/allrounder...
Are you living your life or waiting to die?
  • CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 1 month ago
Karma wrote:
chicken n chips wrote: Maybe scrap all the selections and get everybody to re select and go with 5 batters 1 all rounder 1 keeper and 4 bowlers. Everybody score points for runs and wickets. Just my 2 pence worth

I hear what you saying, but we would end up in the same senario. Eg, someone selects Stokes as all rounder, and Faulkner as a bowler. You can't complain as Faulkner is a line bowler but classed as all rounder. So this way where Batsmen don't score points for bowling and visa versa should you still want a player that is an all rounder, and you have already selected your 2 all rounders, you just have to stipulate what discipline you have selected him for. Then no one can question if a player is a batsmen/bowler/allrounder...

you can prevent that by putting up the teams. Here is an example

SA team

Amla Batsman
AB Batsman
Miller Batsman
Roussouw Batsman
Duminy all rounder
Wiese all rounder
De Kock wicket keeper
Steyn bowler
Rabada bowler
Tahir bowler

and so on with all the other teams. Your example of Stokes and Faulkner are both all rounders but we can only choose one for our team. 5 batters 4 bowlers 1 keeper 1 all rounder
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago
And the Farking lights has come on!!!!!!! Ok guys, I sincerely apologize.... Chicken has come up with a plan that will be the best for the team selection. Please do not edit your teams on this thread anymore. I will open up a new thread tomorrow morning. I will get bob to delete this thread after the new one has been opened. Every country will have the players and what they do, eg Batsmen/bowler/allrounder. You will need to select your team 4 batsmen, 4 bowlers, 2 all rounders and a keeper as per what is shown on the list. This way there can be no skulldugerry as everyone has the option to choose anyone.

Should a batsmen bowl and a bowler bat points will be scored.

Once again, I sincerely apologize and this will be the last time there is a change... :)

And thanks Chicken.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Karma.
  • KingOfPain

8 years 1 month ago
Karma one last question, what if we select a player and he doesn't even get to play 1 game either due to late injury or just not selected in first team like for eg yuvraj Singh, will we just be scored on the other players ?
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

8 years 1 month ago
KingOfPain wrote: Karma one last question, what if we select a player and he doesn't even get to play 1 game either due to late injury or just not selected in first team like for eg yuvraj Singh, will we just be scored on the other players ?

If a player gets injured and replaced in the squad before the tournament starts (super 10), you can edit your team. After the super 10 has started, should your player either be dropped, not selected, injured or the team with whom he plays for gets knocked out, you don't score points.
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds