Champions Day, Saturday 30 April , Turffontein

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Champions Day, Saturday 30 April , Turffontein

1 year 11 months ago
Looks like a punter-friendly card - dividends may be on the low side :unsure:

R1: Shoemaker would be a shock loser; for me only the first-timer can upset or perhaps the Crawford runner can improve over the trip

R2: Any of the 7 can win

R3: Maharanee very short in the betting imo - I'd rather take chance on the stable mate Queen of Gaul at the odds

R4: Can't have the favorite after the stable's form in the week - will include a few like Thunderstone with Laguna Verde who seems to be finding some support in the market

R5: Sound of Warning worthy favorite - has to beat Freed From Desire while Gallic Princess can upset at best

R6: I think it lies between the top 4 in the betting - best roughie imo is African Rain

R7: Betting now more realistic - still think Kommetdieding will win - Flying Carpet beat Sparkling Water easily in the Summer Cup, so could be the surprise package

R8: Rain in Holland won the Fillies Classic so convincingly, so even with a 2kg swing in the weights, I can't see either Sprinkles or Perfect Witness turning around the form - Perfect Witness much better value than Sprinkles - if all 3 run below par, it does become a nightmare

R9: Really looks a Tarry benefit; African Adventure and Barak do both see out the trip, but probably hoping to place at best

R10: Juvenile all the rage - I'm not convinced - despite the work rider I think Mini Coop the one top beat

Enjoy B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
race 1 At the weights, national Star to upset Shoemaker

• lefty

1 year 11 months ago
Camera work in the 1st race was beyond useless.

Who are the idiots in charge?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii, kt6747

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
race 2 very open- leaning towards the Tarrry pair
Race 3 Maharanee to win. danger Strike a Match
Race 4 Karangetang to win. Open otherwise- Laguna Verde, Set to Go, Thunderstone, Union Square, Miss Cool
Race 5 Sound of Warning to beat Freed from Desire, but if Gallic Princess at best she can win.
Race 6 I'm hoping that Big Burn won't find this too sharp. Master Archie, Real Gone Kid and Bohica are the class 1000m sprinters.
Race 7 Kommetdieding will smash them this trip. Be surprised if MK's pride is effective this trip, but if he stays will earn. Puerto Manzano stepped up last time and should enjoy this trip. Second base, Zilzaal, Flying Carpet, Sparkling Water should be on top of each other.
Race 8 Rain in Holland hard to oppose, although I;m a bit surprised she is running here. Sprinkles should get close at the weights if this is not too soon after her last run. \Perfect Witness next best. Amazed to see a 4 yo maiden making her debut in this race??
Race 9 Very open- I'm putting the field in pic 6. Imperial Ruby had a trip to Durban but is a capable stayer if that hasn't taken too much out of him. Nebraas the class horse but has to carry the weight. African Adventure needs to regain his form but is well in at best. Black Thorn very consistent and will be in the money barak and Afraad nice low weights and if there is a pace on, will make it tough for the top weights.
race 10 The jockeys nearly always win these contests, but the workriders have drawn the better mounts. The 2yo Argo Alley has his work cut out at the weights, but may be classy enough against this lot and has a jockey up. Floreana Island has good form and a good wr and I took some 20/1 value this morning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Champions Day, Saturday 30 April , Turffontein

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago
I’m sitting in what I think used to be known as the Aquanaut room. It’s now the Turffontein Racing Deck (but not the same place where the Deck used to be). I must say I am quite impressed, it’s airy, lots of wooden tables, cocktail tables, clean, a bar in the middle, Roy’s Fast Food in the corner, and a giant screen. Free Computaform and WiFi that is working. It’s starting to fill up with punters so let’s hope there will be a good vibe here.
Prosperous punting.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Mac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Sylvester

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
race 2 very open- leaning towards the Tarrry pair
Race 3 Maharanee to win. danger Strike a Match
Race 4 Karangetang to win. Open otherwise- Laguna Verde, Set to Go, Thunderstone, Union Square, Miss Cool
Race 5 Sound of Warning to beat Freed from Desire, but if Gallic Princess at best she can win.
Race 6 I'm hoping that Big Burn won't find this too sharp. Master Archie, Real Gone Kid and Bohica are the class 1000m sprinters.
Race 7 Kommetdieding will smash them this trip. Be surprised if MK's pride is effective this trip, but if he stays will earn. Puerto Manzano stepped up last time and should enjoy this trip. Second base, Zilzaal, Flying Carpet, Sparkling Water should be on top of each other.
Race 8 Rain in Holland hard to oppose, although I;m a bit surprised she is running here. Sprinkles should get close at the weights if this is not too soon after her last run. \Perfect Witness next best. Amazed to see a 4 yo maiden making her debut in this race??
Race 9 Very open- I'm putting the field in pic 6. Imperial Ruby had a trip to Durban but is a capable stayer if that hasn't taken too much out of him. Nebraas the class horse but has to carry the weight. African Adventure needs to regain his form but is well in at best. Black Thorn very consistent and will be in the money barak and Afraad nice low weights and if there is a pace on, will make it tough for the top weights.
race 10 The jockeys nearly always win these contests, but the workriders have drawn the better mounts. The 2yo Argo Alley has his work cut out at the weights, but may be classy enough against this lot and has a jockey up. Floreana Island has good form and a good wr and I took some 20/1 value this morning.

No Maiden - 8 time winner Zim
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterD

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
Thank you for the wine for compo Peter D
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
very irritating back ground noises.

• bayern
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Come Warren please put this to bed win minimal fuss:)

1 Horse Racing South Africa TURFFONTEIN RACE 1 2022-04-30 11:45 1. SHOEMAKER M/Win 0.67 Complete
2 Horse Racing South Africa TURFFONTEIN RACE 2 2022-04-30 12:20 5. PRINCE OF FIRE M/Win 3.57 Complete
3 Horse Racing South Africa TURFFONTEIN RACE 3 2022-04-30 12:55 2. MAHARANEE M/Win 0.77 Pending
Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds