Vaal, Tuesday 19 October

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Vaal, Tuesday 19 October

2 years 5 months ago
Bayern you're probably the best horse selector on this site so I'll consider what you're saying. I just find it logically hard to explain some of these horses that drift or get backed and run accordingly using form alone. Surely an impossible task?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bayern
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Vaal, Tuesday 19 October

2 years 5 months ago
Bayern you're probably the best horse selector on this site so I'll consider what you're saying. I just find it logically hard to explain some of these horses that drift or get backed and run accordingly using form alone. Surely an impossible task?

Thor, horses that drift, were probably priced up too short/the wrong price - betting is all about supply and demand, if there is no demand for a horse, it must drift. Conversely, when there is a demand, it must shorten in the market. The fact that it drifted and ran accordingly, well did it have a realistic winning chance for starters? Horses should drift because of betting pressure on another in the race. Springers are a different story, you'd have to be connected to the stable to foresee that coming.

By framing your own betting, you won't be accepting poor value, you'd probably back a few on the drift because you have identified the false favourite.

Warning, it is time consuming, but will bring a new dimension and enjoyment to your punting, give it a go.

Thanks for the compliment, but there are many very shrewd punters out there.
Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds