Durbanville, 02/10

• bayern
  • bayern's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Durbanville, 02/10

2 years 6 months ago
Race (1)
Admirality Arch draw wide last time, raced handy and failed to kick-on. Better draw this time around, jockey strike, the one to beat. Hell Of A Duke, lost ground at the start last time out, didn’t quite recover and was always playing catch-up. Better drawn and should finish in the first three.

Race (2)
Cracklin’ Rose shifted around 300 out last time out. On firmer ground should win this, punt.

Race (3)
Warrior Bling in a very open contest.

Race (4)
With scratchings Senso Unico must have an outstanding chance of winning this. Worth a bet at the forecast price.

Race (5)
Open contest, the winner should come from either Giverny or Nasiriyah, but others cannot be discounted. Marginal choice Giverny.

Race (6)
Hard to oppose Captain’s Ransom on ratings.

Race (7)
Seeking The Stars (28/10) bumping the right sort of field and should be hard to beat over the distance and based on ratings. Think Cosmic Highway is not well weighted in terms of the race conditions, does not receive the WFA allowance of 7.0kgs, so should he win this, right there you will have witnessed SA racing’s next superstar, think the current odds (22/10) are ridiculous.

Race (8)
Do Angels Cry purely on the draw in a very open race.
Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ElvisisKing, TNaicker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Durbanville, 02/10

2 years 6 months ago

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
We had a bit of rain overnight but won't have much impact. The wind is forecast to pick up during the day- head/crosswind. I expect the course to run quite fast.
Stand-alone meeting after the rain up north, and an interesting card.
Race 1 Admiralty Arch has good form but this is by no means a formality for him. Hell of a Duke good debut and nice draw and a big runner with natural improvement. Tchaikovsky similarly. Snaith first timer could be a danger too.
We have Gentleman running. Ignore last- jock said he felt something and stopped riding. 100% sound. If he repeats his penultimate run must have a decent ew chance at long odds.
Race 2 Adira is well tried but could still trouble the younger fillies. Cracklin Rose is the one to beat. Rising Fenix a danger, and Double Check also improving. Everglades useful debut and big scope for improvement. market support for Miss Greenlight.
Race 3 Very open. perhaps Kaptein could follow up on his good win. At least we know that Meliora usually sets a decent pace.
Race 4 Senso Unico a probable banker. Tizona is improving.
race 5 High Dudgeon good debut and I make her the one to beat. Galiek Yo Baby well in at the weights but may be better shorter.Many others with chances.
Race 6 Captain's Ransom should win this comfortably if reasonably fit and well. Major Attraction very progressive and distance suited, and if fit gets a good opportunity to pick up some black type. Marina and Scented Mistress classy but probably prefer further.
race 7 The sole 3 yo in the two features, Cosmic Highway could strike a blow for his generation. Seeking the Stars is a tough nut to crack this trip, and probably has the gate speed and the right jockey to overcome the draw. The Snaith runners are all dangerous. Silver Operator is a strong backup from the Marshall yard.
Race 8 Very open. Fynbos was rested after pulling muscles, and is expected to be very much in need of this run, so not expecting much from her today. Helen's Blush has had a break during winter as she doesn't act on heavy ground. Expecting a forward run from her although she may need it slightly. Kunming continues to come down in the ratings, and will make her presence felt one of these days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Brogan

• PunterMagic
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

2 years 6 months ago
Hi Guys,

Good going today so track is fast and even and expect to form horses to run well here.

13h40 Cracklin' Rose 5/2. Should win today, good draw better going. My selection and 2nd fav Rising Fenix ran the same day over same distance and my selection ran over 0.5sec faster which is equivalent to 1.5L. The unknown is unraced and well backed Miss Greenlight, but she will have to be extra special to beat my selection with no experience in racing let alone around the bend, so might need the experience.

14h15 Saint West 4/1. He is 4.5kg better with fav Kaptein for a 2.75L beating so should get closer. He has the beating of Warrior Bling on the 18 Sept run and my selection gets his what I think is his best distance of 2400m

14h52 Senso Unico 6/4. Slow last start but ran a good 3rd. That form has been franked with the winner winning again in a stronger race. This mile will suit my selection and this weak field he should have no issues disposing.

15h27 Nasiriyah 3/1. She is bred to stay and now goes the extra distance of a mile and with the good improvement 2nd start over the sprint I have no doubt she will appreciate the step up and deliver a BIG RUN. Good draw and good price

16h37 Seeking The Stars 5/2. Group 1 performer and this being a group 3, he is well in at the weights. the unknown horse is 3yr old Cosmic Highway, but has a lot to do at the weights. Anton Marcus will bounce my selection from a deep draw to go and lead, and from there he will be difficult to peg back

17h12 Do Angels Cry 7/2 BEST BET. She beat Sacha last start and also Rewrite The Stars and is 0.5kg better with her. My selection has a better draw today and I make her difficult to beat at good price

Cheers

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
Bar Captain's Ransom, Senso Unico and Seeking the Stars look the stand-outs - but is the form of the Marshall stable a worry ?

My Bi-Pots:

And just in case:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester, johnnycomelately

• kristieN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
DURBANVILLE
RACE 1
Bipot - 2 / 10 / 2 / 7 / 9 / 1

• bayern
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
Huge pressure on the favourite, now i need it to arrive. You could have got 3/1 before the meeting started, 14/10 right now.

• bayern
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
Huge pressure on the favourite, now i need it to arrive. You could have got 3/1 before the meeting started, 14/10 right now.

Darn that hurt, back to the drawing board

• kristieN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
P6 2/7,9/9/1,5/1,2,3,4,5,10,11/1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,11

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 6 months ago
The ride from Fourie race 3 was world class....

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
Race 6 de melo and Mxothwa should be called to explain their riding.

Interesting to see all the hanger onners after Captain Ransoms win.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 6 months ago
Race 6 de melo and Mxothwa should be called to explain their riding. Interesting to see all the hanger onners after Captain Ransoms win.

That was extremely weird to watch them going straight to Snaith's box, they only had to wait another 5 seconds

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds