:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

2 years 4 months ago
True Mac in lounge could only use every second seat on plane totally full and shoulder to shoulder then leaving plane row by row.
I thought exit of plane far more controlled than previous.
Where as soon as the plane stops everyone jumps up to grab bags, this time a lot more disciplined.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

2 years 4 months ago
With the trend seemingly moving towards restricting the rights and movements of the unvaxxed I downloaded my vaccination certificate to my phone...was a very simple process though I had to call the line as my code was incorrect...I now have it and am able to produce if required....interesting that certain countries are fining the unvaxxed to pay for future hospital bills....(87% of people admitted to Pretoria hospital for covid last week were unvaxxed)

Just wondering...when some-one gets infected / tests positive (with the unreliable PCR test), how do they determine if the transmission came from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person? Therefore, wanting to restrict the rights and movements of unvaccinated persons is illogical but allows the blame-shifting narrative to be pushed...and the get vaccinated dictates to be pushed...

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 months ago
True Mac in lounge could only use every second seat on plane totally full and shoulder to shoulder then leaving plane row by row.
I thought exit of plane far more controlled than previous.
Where as soon as the plane stops everyone jumps up to grab bags, this time a lot more disciplined.

Supposed social distancing when exiting plane but no social distancing when seated :unsure: :( ...also thought that odd when I flew to Jhb 3 weeks ago...but having worn a mask for much of the 2 days I was in Jhb, really stuffed my sinuses up for 2-3 days on return home...

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 4 months ago
I actually hate wearing a mask it certainly limits breathing and the JWB has a cloth type taste.😷

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 4 months ago
They estimate that sub station power outage in Pretoria east will take 7_9 days 😪

• Farawaysaint
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

2 years 4 months ago
We don't have load shedding in our suburb in PE.
The main machine there was built too many years ago by one of these famous old english companies like Briggs & Stratton,Perkins,Singer etc etc.
They can't get parts full stop so it is left on.
We are therefore very lucky and the price of property here has steadily increased.

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 months ago
Over 11000 new positive cases (using unreliable PCR test)...under 50 passed away from "Covid related complications"...as expected, more infections as virus tries to spread to survive but less severity of infection...variants will continue until sufficient immune systems tackle virus before spreading occurs and that happens without a vaccine as they accelerate the mutation to survive...

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 months ago
From NICD Twitter
#COVID19 UPDATE: A total of 65,990 tests were conducted in the last 24hrs, with 16,055 new cases, which represents a 24.3% positivity rate. A further 25 #COVID19 related deaths have been reported, bringing total fatalities to 89,994 to date.

More infectious (16000 cases as determined by unreliable PCR test) but less severe (25 Covid related deaths)...as expected...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 months ago
From NICD Twitter

#COVID19 UPDATE: A total of 68,703 tests were conducted in the last 24hrs, with 16,366 new cases, which represents a 23.8% positivity rate. A further 21 #COVID19 related deaths have been reported

More infection less severe...

Stay safe and healthy...

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 months ago
From NICD Twitter

#COVID19 UPDATE: A total of 46,708 tests were conducted in the last 24hrs, with 11,125 new cases, which represents a 23.8% positivity rate. A further 1 (ONE) #COVID19 related deaths have been reported

Stay safe and healthy...

The politburos of this world want to extend the panic for as long as possible as it concentrates control - we've been in lockdown for more than 600 days which means that in terms of the powers given by the Disaster Management Act, parliament (representatives of the electorate) has not debated one single measure implemented for the electorate to comply...it has been concentrated in the hands of cabinet...

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 months ago
Read somewhere that the Competition Commission is to investigate the cost of the PCR flawed tests.

What took them so long?

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 months ago
From NICD Twitter

#COVID19 UPDATE: A total of 52,890 tests were conducted in the last 24hrs, with 13,147 new cases, which represents a 24.9% positivity rate. A further 27 #COVID19 related deaths have been reported

2 weeks into new variant and everything as expected...more infectious but less severe...

Guess we can expect some fear-mongering narrrative to pop up in the next day or two to justify whatever restrictions are to be imposed for the next few weeks...:(

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds